Chapter 45 : In the captivity of the Ficklefolks

Ermand turned his head everywhere

Ermand turned his head everywhere. It was white space around him, and nothing else more.

Where am I?

"Hello?" He called out.

The situation was more than confusion for him. At first he thought why would the Professors send him to a peaceful village for his deadly final DCT, and get trapped with an old woman who acted like an evil witch later. When he opened his eyes, he found himself in a place where there was nothing but a white atmosphere and ground, that could hardly be distinguished. The reason why he had been thrown there stood like a question mark in his head.

Might if the demons come here?

For a long time, he stood rooted in the place, motionless until his knees were aching. Ermand bent on his knees and sat on the floor after feeling a bit tired. But when he was completely in the sitting position, Ermand realized he was falling down. To where he was going to crash or whether he was really falling down, he was unaware.

Finally, he hit a soft, cushion ground that bounced him up and down. All of the strangeness and the easiness in whatever world he might be in for the DCT made him doubt what was actually coming for him.

"Ermand Chisel the Spellcaster, rest on the pillow while I take you to the masters..." The sound would be distinguishable for anybody if they had been with Ermand and the old woman. The tone and the sound matched precisely to that woman. Ermand sensed danger. There was something wrong.

"Rest, Ermand Chisel the Spellcaster. You have plenty of time to wake up and think, now rest or you may feel tired afterwards."

"No. Tell me where have you brought me to!" He roared.

The woman cracked into a devilish fit of laughter.

"Where you should be, boy," she said before cackling again.

"Hey! You haven't answered me! Are you a Ficklefolk?"

But the woman's voice was no longer there. There was silence, dead silence everywhere only if Ermand's tries to make one, would there be any sound. The silence irritated him, he hit the pillow beside him.

What sort of a trap is this?

Then he thought of the woman's words. She told him a lie that Ficklefolks were good and the Protectors were bad. Then, she must be one of the Ficklefolks.

So, what if I'm in the trap of the Ficklefolks like Jack told?

He then thought of the last words the woman had spoken to him.

She said she'll be taking where I should be. And before that, she told me that she's taking me to the master. Who are these masters? Does she work for the Ficklefolks?