Chapter 36 : The Chisels' knocketer

Ermand broke off from his sleep when he was interrupted by a coughing sound

Ermand broke off from his sleep when he was interrupted by a coughing sound. He raised himself from his bed.

Edwin tried muffling his cough but it went futile. Timothy turned on the lights and removed his blanket.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Will he continue coughing if he was alright?" Charlie said.

"I spotted his coughing in the evening but I thought it must be minor coughing," Emile told, rising from his bed.

"You cannot go to a Healer at this time of the night."

"Charlie's right. But we can do something, I mean, Emile can, " Timothy suggested.

"What do you mean, " Edwin whimpered between his sneezes.

"Well, I don't know much about healing, but my mother was a Healer and I learnt some tacks from her. Are you feeling nauseous or something like that?" Emile inquired, jumping from his bead and moved toward his trunk.

"No, I--" He coughed again. "I'm feeling drowsy and cold around me."

"Alright then. Are you allergic to Beetlebee flowers?" He asked, scouring through different vials of coloured potions.

"No. But I'm allergic to their pollen."

"That doesn't count. Most of us are allergic to Beetlebee pollen. This one just consists of its petals that are dried and crushed to prepare this solution. You'd have to drink a spoon of this once in a day."

"For how long?"

"Two days if you're starting to drink tomorrow, in the morning, after breakfast."

"Thank you. How much should I pay?"

"Pay? Edwin, you're my friend. You should never pay for it. Aha!" Emile finally pulled out a vial of some pale green coloured potion inside. "It sort of tastes like grass."

"Eww and wow!" Timothy said. "You should definitely take a double degree."

"But I'm thinking of being an Innovator after I complete my Defense degree. Learning Inventions and Discoveries was my passion since I was young, " he explained, passing the vial to Edwin.

"I was just joking, " Timothy shrugged.

Emile responded with an unamused face and walked toward his bed.

"Tomorrow, it's Professor Derek Chestnut's class. Make sure you take a glance at your textbooks, " He muttered before resting his head on the pillow.

Ermand was again interrupted in his sleep. When he woke up, he found that he was in his old house in Fingercut street. It looked as good as it was before the streak fell. He slowly got up from his bed and sneaked out of his room and into Jack's. He watched his brother sleeping soundly on his bed that was broken after the streak hit their house. He immediately climbed down the stairs and opened the main door and gazed at the starry night sky. The sky looked tranquil and splendour with the full moonlight in the dark atmosphere where the stars were adorned as embedded pearls.