Chapter 47 : Damien's secret revealed

Ermand's face slammed against the floor causing him to cry of pain

"Finally, you passed, Chisel. I'm hoping you can walk to the Healers' department without assistance."

Ermand scanned his surroundings and sighed.

"Don't bother Professor Chestnut. I'll be fine even without going to the Healers' department. It reminds me of the earlier tests," Ermand replied, getting on his knees.

"You wouldn't be in the casualty if you had passed the first test," Professor Chestnut replied, noting something on the parchment in his hands.

Ermand pretended that he didn't hear him and walked to the exit of the Trainor's hall.

"Ermand!" A familiar voice called him from behind and rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Maybe it's because of the help from both my Aslehm and the Preparer that I didn't have much trouble in the test. The Ficklefolks were quite a task although. How did it go for you?"

"I passed somehow. However, those ruthless people almost tried to skin me and also plunged some sharper material into my leg. It's hurting still."

"They're beyond ruthless. I can hardly believe that I almost thought they were good people after all what they tried to do to me."

"How did you escape from them?"

"I hid myself safely and ate the Preparer during the beginning of the test. Although, it went a little risky when I was near to grab my crystal. A Griffin got in the way and I slashed him to death with my Aslehm. You know that we can keep the crystals for ourselves. Isn't it cool-"

"You slashed the Griffin?" Ermand asked, pausing to take a step ahead.

"Why yes of course, or else how would I get my crystal? It's a savage beast."

"But why did you slash it to death?"

"Are you crazy? If I hadn't killed that Griffin, it would feed me to its young ones."

"Are Griffins that bad? Also, won't the Professors drag us out before we're fed to its babies?"

"Of course the Professors would take us back but by then, our conditions would be adverse than Edwin. I might lose a hand and a leg in the least. And you'd be the only one asking whether the Griffin's are bad or not."

"Because the Griffin kind of saved me," Ermand whispered as he continued walking to their dorm.

"Saved you!" Charlie gasped, his mouth open.

"Or else things would've been worse for me and I'll definitely fail the final DCT. I'll tell you once we get to the dorm."

"Why are stranger things happening to you?"