Chapter 32 : Deep in the ditch

None of the students understood what was underlying inside the deep hole since the methodology changes every year for the DCT but most of them had heard that the tests weren't so easy to accomplish

None of the students understood what was underlying inside the deep hole since the methodology changes every year for the DCT but most of them had heard that the tests weren't so easy to accomplish. Hence, the three chances are given to each student.

"J-jump in that h-hole?" Hunus quavered, stepping back from the Professor.

"Where is your crystal?" He asked.

The boy handed his green crystal to him. The green crystal suddenly vanished after blue-green flames erupted out of his hands.

"You have to find your crystal within the due time. The pit is extremely deep and you might die if you don't use appropriate spells to save yourself from your first hurdle of survival--"

"Survival!" One of the boys among the crowd exclaimed loudly.

"Prepare yourself everybody. Mr. Halchalc, jump inside."

The boy lumbered toward the gaping hole, through which some mysteriously terrifying soft sounds escaped that made his blood run cold. It took him a short while to finally prepare himself to jump inside the dreadful hole. He drew a deep breath and sprang into the hole. A loud noise followed his jump, causing terror in many of the students.

"To be a Defender, you should dare," Professor Chestnut stated. His face showed no expression.

"Jaencruz Daller."

A tall and lean girl with a cat's eye walked forward with heavy steps. She gave Professor Chestnut her pink crystal and frantically moved toward the hole. She jumped in after mumbling a few spells to herself.

The calling of names continued. The students weren't bothered about the mystery to where the students that leaped into the hole had gone to, rather they were busy thinking about the best possible spell that could keep them safe and unharmed.

"What are we going to do? Do you have any ideas, Emile?" Timothy enquired his bespectacled friend whose mind was floating elsewhere.

"The protection spells might be worthy," He replied, his mind returning to the hall.

"Protect me, Psopaeldo?"

"Yes, that one. Although, I'm not sure about how effective it would be. The spell seems too easy as compared to the depth of that hole."

Ermand tried maintaining his breathing level. Atleast, every student in the hall had gone to magic school before.

The Professor said that saving ourselves from the depth is the first hurdle of survival... survival!

The thought of the Professors caring less about the students' life seemed plausible to him.

Maybe , I'll be alright.

"Ermand Chisel."

The two words startled Ermand. Without hesitating, he immediately pushed aside the crowd of students and moved forward to Professor Chestnut.