Chapter 14 : D1 classroom

They walked through another long but wide corridor

They walked through another long but wide corridor. They could hear professors carrying on with their lectures and their senior students learning to use advanced magic spell casting.

"I'm excited already," Emile told Charlie.

"That's guaranteed in your case but-- where's Timothy?"

Ermand and Odin shrugged. Emile leaned forward and backward so as to spot him among the students.

"Well... He might be--"

"Thank you, thank you. I'm glad you liked it. It's my favourite flavour too. I love Golden Good Chocolates and they're--"

"Timothy!" Charlie called behind him.

Timothy was surrounded with several girls who would be in his class. They were eagerly listening to him while Timothy was bluffing his far-fetched stories.

"Uh... Gotta go. See you later ladies!"

Before he turned back to walk along with his friends, he winked at the group of girls.

"What were you doing there? We thought you were angry while you dashed out of the hall," Emile said.

"I was angry but..."

He shrugged as he tried hiding a naughty grin. Charlie rolled his eyes at this and Emile shook his head.

Ermand and Charlie chuckled in unison but Odin was busy scanning the corridor.

"Now," Professor Derek said. "This is a magical door and it allows him or her to enter who belongs inside."

The door looked very old but finely furnished. Every decoration on it was chiselled very precisely and creatively. It was a tall door and somewhere around it's corner was a wooden knob, which didn't look old at all.

"Is it a talking door?" Emile asked from the crowd.

Everybody gazed at his confidence to speak to such a cold and strict-looking professor.

"It used to be. But now he is tired of talking to worthless students."

"So how does it open?"

"Knock."

Professor Derek glared at a confused Emile. He might be thriving to ask more questions, but the professor turned to knock on the door.

All of a sudden, someone choked. It was a senile and weak voice, then it whistled. It was the door.

"New year. New students. New trouble," the professor said. "I'm introducing you to the only students who shall be permitted to enter inside for this whole year."

The door choked again.

"Everybody line up."

"Are we little kids to line up and stare at an old and choking magical door?" Timothy whispered to Charlie, who giggled at this.