Chapter 22 : The rampaging fire

"What do you think you're doing?" Charlie whispered as Ermand moved from the bench

"Hey!" Timothy called after him.

"We must do something. The situation is getting worse," Odin suggested.

Ermand walked toward Damien and his friends. His mind was burning with fire. Jack's cries of being beaten, his sore tiny legs, the boys laughing, he remembered everything. These spoilt Qorders have the habit of bullying the low ranks, it is in their blood.

"Who are you to cut me from my business?" Damien asked, his teeth gritted behind his tugged lips.

"Leave him alone, you are nobody to punish him, and this is not a business."

"What? I didn't hear you," Damien mocked. His supporters laughed.

"Then make sure you clear the wax off your dirty ear."

Damien's nose flared with rage.

"How dare you insult me!"

He threw the flickering big light in his hands at Ermand. Everybody gasped. Ermand thought it hit him, but something engulfed the light inside it.

"Mess time over. Everybody go to your classes," the High Professor ordered the students.

The High Professor stood at the entry of the mess hall. Beside him was a spectacled boy with black frame in his neatly ironed white shirt and blue jeans.

"Damien Qorder and Ermand Chisel will stay back."

"I hope Damien Qorder knows the college rules," he questioned when all the students were out of the mess hall.

"Do you know who my father is--"

"Do you know the rules we set to be abided by every student, Damien?"

Damien snorted.

"In my office, both of you." He turned his back at them and walked forward.

"Mark my words, Chisel. You'll receive a knocketer today evening, and it won't be good news for you and your filthy family," Damien whispered through gritted teeth.

Ermand kept quiet and followed the Professor.

After returning from Professor Zaugustus Lewcent's office, the whole class was intrigued to find them entering the classroom.

"What happened?" Timothy inquired, making a seat for him.

"We'll receive a knocketer today of our misbehaviour--"

"Misbehaviour?" Charlie gasped with rebellion. "What was your misbehaviour?"

"I don't know. I'm more concerned with what Damien will send me."