Chapter 48 : Odin's request

Ermand followed the levitating signboards to the High Professor's office

Ermand followed the levitating signboards to the High Professor's office. When he was on his way to the office through the narrow wooden stairs, someone called him from behind. It was Professor Oscar Qorder.

"What do you want, Chisel?" He demanded in his usual posh tone, brushing his palms across his blond tuft of hair.

"I need to see Professor Zaugustus Lewcent."

"And what is the need?"

"It's... it's personal," he stuttered, shifting his gaze away from the Professor.

"I didn't know that the High Professor shared secrets and talked about personal stuff with the students," he said, narrowing his eyes at Ermand.

"I should see him, Professor-"

"Look at your condition. You should be beyond ashamed to walk into a Professor's cabin with that messy look. Now go, he is not here."

"He's usually in his office in the evening."

"I said he's not," Oscar snapped, glaring at Ermand.

Ermand had to give up, or else he might have to pay a lot in the future if he dares to disobey him, especially Oscar Qorder.

"Hey, we thought we won't be seeing you until dinner," Charlie said, noticing Ermand enter the room.

"I thought the same," Ermand replied, flumping on his bed.

"Where have you gone to?" Timothy enquired.

"Nowhere..." He replied before sinking himself into deep sleep.

Minutes or maybe hours had passed, and he found himself on the floor. Ermand realized that he had woken up but none of his friends were in the room. He caught a glimpse of Timothy walking through the opened door.

"Timothy," Ermand called after him. But Timothy didn't seem to hear him.

Ermand, however, decided to find where the rest others had gone to. Before he knocked on the door of the room next to theirs, a soft sound caught the attention of his ears. Ermand followed the sound to find himself walking into the same small room Damien had once entered. He gently opened the doors and found that someone was busy with some incantation that he barely had time to hear Ermand's entry.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" He asked. The figure turned at him, but before he could see the face, Ermand was disturbed from his dream.

"Are you going to sleep there forever?" Timothy called him, tapping on his shoulder.

Ermand was displeased to know that it was just a dream.

Who was that?

"Odin had come back!" Charlie announced in their room.