Chapter 24 : A terrible news

"Man, I'm excited and nervous at the same time

"Man, I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I hope I'll make it before the finals," Timothy sighed.

"We're all in the same situation. By the way, Ermand, when are you ever gonna join the dorm?"

"No idea."

"You gotta see Emile's face after the class. He was so determined that he went straight into the dorm. Must be researching it till midnight," Timothy chortled, shaking his head.

"Everybody is concerned about it."

"I think why people care to stand in this college is because the high clans wanted pride in the society rather than learning something from here. While other clan members like us are more to these luxuries we get," Charlie shrugged.

"That's true. My mum is not okay... she's still ill. I need to get home faster, so bye guys," Odin tapped on each of the boys' arms and hurried out of the corridor.

"Guess what our Aslehms will be?" Timothy asked.

"I just want something useful."

"Yeah... me too--ahh!"

Ermand bent and clutched his stomach as if he had been punched there.

"Wha--is--hap--" Timothy bent down to hold Ermand's arm as he fell on his knees.

"I guess it's the same thing that happened the day before yesterday," Charlie told Timothy, nodding.

"We'll take you to Professor Zaugustus. He's the only nice Professor as far as I've known. Come Charlie, let's hold him."

"Th-thank-s," Ermand stuttered while trying to get up. He staggered toward the stairs to the High Professor's office with his friends holding him from either side.

"What was the pain like?"

"It's shredding me... It feels as if a large hammer is hitting-- against all of my bones."

Ermand's breathing rate increased rapidly, causing him to gasp and pant continuously.

When they were heading toward the narrow stairs, Professor Lewcent emerged out of it.

"Professor! Ermand has this..." Timothy didn't know how to explain the situation.

"He looks debilitated. What has happened to him?"

"We actually don't know, Professor. He had the same kind of state a day back," Timothy explained.

"Get him to my office straight away. I'll see if I could do anything." The Professor immediately climbed up the narrow, steep stairs.

The boys somehow managed to get Ermand into the Professor's office. When they rested Ermand on a royal blue coloured chaise, Professor Lewcent poured some lemon-yellow powder into a cup of water. After stirring the liquid, he brought the cup to Ermand.