Chapter 53 : The Thumber's orcubulum

"The Protector of fire, Ignis and the Protector of light, Lumeira

"The Protector of fire, Ignis and the Protector of light, Lumeira. Two of the strongest forces in the magical dimension is fire and light."

Timothy and Emile gasped and stared at Ermand in awe. Ermand frowned, his eyes casted on the floor. The scene where he was scolded by Professor Chestnut for not knowing the names of the Protectors of fire and light came to his mind. He didn't know the names of his parents and who they were while all of the students knew. He was blinded by his own barriers.

"Are they alive?"

"Of course. They live young and healthy for five hundred years unless they get killed by a force greater than them. However, Protectors die one way or the other. Ignis and Lumeira were last found eighteen years back, Ermand."

"My age? Where did they go?"

"None among the Protector society knows about it and so none of the Spellcaster know. Now that you gained you Aslehm, you'll be reconsidered to attend your finals. Today was clan studies, right? It'll be rescheduled for tomorrow. Now go and take rest," he said, tapping on Ermand's and Emile's shoulders at last.

Timothy and Emile nodded and walked forward, leaving the room. Ermand, who was behind them, turned back to the Professor.

"Professor Lewcent," he called.

"Yes, Ermand."

"Odin was Odeoris. How come you don't know that?"

"I'm perplexed about the same. I didn't know that when he entered into the hall and sat on the chair with all of the Professors and me sitting alongside and opposite to him, that he was Odoeris, the greatest mastermind of evil spellcasting."

"If I'm the Potestum, his next move will be..."

"After you, Ermand. And you should learn to take control of the privilege of immense power you have. Since you're the Potestum, which is quite strange, you have immortal powers."

Ermand nodded. He couldn't consume more of what the High Professor would say. All of it was confusing for him. He exited the room, leaving Professor Lewcent alone.

He wanted to ask him about the voice that echoed in his head several times but he wasn't ready for more surprises.

Zaugustus walked toward the cube, he touched the little bits of blue ash on it and rubbed it between his fingers and stared at the window above him.

"Odoeris. Finally, you have shown up yourself after all these years of hiding. This time, you will not stand high, for Ermand Odistte will never be an easy play," he whispered.

"I'm not an Odistte!" Ermand shouted at his friends.

"It is a rare privilege, Ermand. Think of all the changes hereafter. You can even slap on Damien and his father's face!" Timothy told.

"I don't want that rare privilege that I acquired from those I hate. And no one except you, Emile, Charlie, Edwin and Professor Lewcent will know about this secret-"