Chapter 3 - Save the first Dance

(A/U this is gonna be Harmony's transformation outfit)

Professor Wizgiz: It's the first class of the year, a year full of great potential and limitless possibilities and that is what metamorphosis is all about. Metamorphosis is the art of changing how you appear, and once you master it, you can turn into anything from a rock to a rock star. Let me give you a little preview. Look at me now, an average elf, right? Look... Wizgiz transforms into Griselda.*
Griselda (Wizgiz): ...at me now! The students gasp in shock.* Griselda (Wizgiz): Don't worry, I'm not really the Queen of Detention. The students are relieved.*Griselda (Wizgiz): The beauty of magic is that you can always go back to being you. Wizgiz reverts to his original form.* Wizgiz: But for now we'll start with the basics. Wizgiz snaps his fingers and mirrors magically appear on his students' desk.* Wizgiz: We'll warm up with one of the simplest exercises: Changing your hair color. You should all be able to breeze through this one. Look in the mirror, focus your Winx and go. Try to change it. One student succeeds; Bloom fails and puts down the mirror.* Wizgiz: Bloom, it's a little early to fall behind. You have a lot of homework to do.

Inside Harmony and Flora's Dorm

Harmony: I was the only one who couldn't do it! Stella: You'll get it! You just have to practice! After all, you know what they say, 'practice makes perfect'! Harmony: Yeah, I can do this! It's like when I had to learn how to high jump back in Gardenia.
Stella: That's the right attitude! And before you know it, you'll be growing fairy wings! Harmony: I sure hope so...
Stella: I know it! So let's just give it another try. Let's try this! Think about the best hair day you've had. Think about how happy you were and use that to change your hair color. Harmony concentrates, but winds up making her bangs stick upwards.*
Harmony: Ugh! Great! This is what I end up with?! Stella: I'm just trying to help you, okay! You're a bigger project than I thought... Hmph...

Alfea's Dining Hall

All the Alfea students are eating breakfast." Stella: You just have to take it day by day. Harmony: I hope tomorrow is better. Tecna: Well, the learning curve for the first semester at our new school is quite steep, you know. Faragonda: Young ladies, your attention please. I have a very exciting announcement to make: As it is the Alfea tradition we'll kick off the new school year with a formal dance. Our back to school gala will take place tomorrow night and our special guests will be the boys from the Red Fountain School for Heroics and Bravery. We hope you'll be warm and friendly hostesses and make them feel right at home. Griselda: But not too friendly. Chaperones will be there and love spells and crush potions are forbidden. Faragonda: But dancing's encouraged and the boys will bring surprise gifts for all, so I'm sure you'll have a lovely time. I remember my first dance at Alfea, I met my husband there, well anyway, it will be an evening full of enchantment.

Cloud Tower's Grand Hall

Witch Student 1: There's the headmistress... Witch Student 2: She's so scary! Griffin: Young witches, I hope your first day of school is full with nastiness and trouble making! And now an exciting announcement! We'll kick off the year with a school-wide competition! It will be wicked! The students cheer at the announcement. Griffin: The objective's simple and cruel: It is to sabotage Alfea's precious back-to-school dance. You're all welcome to suggest ideas, and the winners will receive a gift certificate to Aberzombie & Witch! It's up to you to dream up of a way to turn their celebration into a catastrophe! I encourage you to be as witchy as possible! Your proposals should be double-spaced and bound. May the worst witch win! Darcy: I think this is the perfect chance to get Stella's ring. Icy: Of course.
Stormy: But the point is to sabotage their party. Icy: We'll kill two birds with one stone.

Inside Harmony and Flora's Dorm

Stella: A party is only as good as what you wear to it, and this will be an excellent party. Behold, an Iwink Wizrahi. Hmm. I maxed out the credit card Daddy gave me but I didn't have a choice. It was calling out to me: 'Buy me! Buy me, please!'
Musa: It's fresh! Stella: "Huh?" Musa: And it's so definitely you. Stella: Yeah, but, my ring doesn't go with it. Flora: I wish we could just use magic to create outfits, you know. Tecna: Yeah, it took me forever to find this thing. Musa: It's interesting. Where'd you get it, Mars? Tecna: I researched it thoroughly. This is the latest in fabric technology. Stella: At least it won't wrinkle. Harmony: I'm worried. Brandon (as Steven) will be there and this is all I have to wear. Stella: Puh-lease. No friend of mine is gonna feel apparel shame. There's a simple solution to any fashion dilemma: shopping!