Chapter 16 - The Nightmare Monster

Alfea Quad

The Winx are walking back to their dorm from a movie.* Stella: Oooh. What a freaky movie! I still have chills! Tecna: Yes, but at least it had a happy ending. Harmony: Yeah. Nothing brings a family back together like having to fight an evil demon, and an army of zombies, escape a few explosions and survive a massive tidal wave! Stella: And yet, my parents are still separated. Stella giggles lightly.* Musa: *sadly* Movies about parents always bum me out. I mean, they make me miss my mom like crazy. Flora: *annoyed* That movie scared me! Can we please stop talking about it?

Alfea Hallway

The Winx are walking down the hallway and nearing their dorm room.*
Harmony: Hey, remember when she was locked in that chamber with that slimy ghost thing? Flora: Harmony! Harmony: Sorry! Tecna hears something. Flora: Let's talk about things that don't- Tecna: Hold on. Did anybody just hear that growling sound? Harmony reaches for their door.*
Harmony: It was probably Bella's stomach. She ate all those gummy bugs at the movie. Tecna now walks towards their room with caution.* Musa: Sure, Harmony. It was Bella who scarfed down all the candy. Harmony: It was! Stella yawns.* Stella: Night, darlings.

Stella's Room

Stella is asleep in her bed with surrounding candles lit. A sudden wind blows them all out. Stella starts to dreams about her parents. Luna: Stella dear, I don't know if your father had said anything to you but he and I are...
Radius: Your mother and I are gonna be living in separate palaces from now on.
Luna: Your father and I are getting a divorce. Radius: Your mother and I are getting a divorce. The nightmare gargoyle comes in and starts breathing on Stella's face.* Stella breathes heavily as she is having her nightmare.*

Stella's Dream

The faces of her parents are seen.*
Stella: Dad? Mom? Why are you leaving? Wait! Stella gasps and her parents disappear.* Stella: *panicked* Guys, I need you! Come back!

Stella's Room

The nightmare gargoyle growls and turns into a spiky dinosaur-like creature as Stella moans in fear.*

Stella's Dream

Stella is flying around in her pajamas.*
Stella: Mom? Dad? Stella sees a mirror and admires herself.* Reflection's Voice: Look at you! You're so pretty, but on inside you're a loser! The mirror melts as Stella gasps.* Reflection's Voice: You're nothing, nobody likes you! The mirror turns into a wave.* Stella screams hysterically and gets trapped in a melted whirlpool.
Stella: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The whirlpool splits in two.*

Stella's Room

Stella wakes up, the nightmare gargoyle leaves.* Stella: Aah! *loudly* Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Winx's Living Room

Harmony, Flora, Tecna, and Musa wakes up.* Tecna: What is it? Flora: Is that Stella?
Harmony: Let's go! Mirta, as a pumpkin, wakes up.*

Stella's Room

The girls are all sitting near Stella has she holds her pillow tightly, still scared by her nightmare.* Harmony: It sounded like you were having a nightmare, Stella. Musa: Must have been pretty intense. Stella, clutching a pillow, frightened.* Stella: No, it was... Nn, it was real! I was actually feeling something. Musa quietly gasps.*
Flora lays her hand on Stella's head to comfort her.* Flora: Oh, sweetie. I know nightmares seem real sometimes, but...
Stella: Hmm, it was real! I actually felt something scratchy at me and, like, tearing at my mind! Tecna: Sound like you need a calming spell, and a warm cup of milk. Musa: She'll be fine. Musa stands up.* Musa: She's just wigging out cause of that movie we saw tonight. I'm going back to bed. Wake me when something really scary goes down. Harmony and Flora look at each other and giggle.* Harmony: Musa's probably right, Stel. I mean, I was a little freaked out too, you know. Stella gives a weak smile but it still slightly shaken. Flora: Try to get some sleep, sweetie. Mirta's eyes start to droop.*