Chapter 17 - Royal Heartbreack

Training Arena, Red Fountain

Codatorta: It will be a great honor to present our students to the King and Queen of Enchanted! Our lever race team is so strong this year! They may very well set a new school record! Our magical creature battlers are the best we've had in years! And our sword and shield warriors are at the top of their game! I would match our thrust and perry brigade against any school in the realm!
The heroes continue to practice and spar.*
Saladin: This year's Day of the Royals would be the biggest one yet! So I'm counting on the boys.
Codatorta: They will not disappoint you sir! Saladin: What about the dragons? The king is an aficionado. Codatorta: We've trained the most exotic dragons!
Saladin: I expect a great success tomorrow. One that will make the school proud!

Stella's Dorm Room

Harmony: Stella, how much time do you think you spend on your hair everyday?
Stella: Ask not what I do for my hair darling ask what my hair does for me.
Harmony dips a brush into a conditioner and puts it on Stella's hair.* Harmony: So, what is this stuff? Stella: It's Flora's own botanical slash magical formula! Hm. Three minutes and my hair will shine like glass! Harmony: That's cool... Stella: Is something wrong? Harmony: I'm just kinda bummed... Stella: You have that look on your face! It's Brandon isn't it? Harmony: He said he would call and he never did. And the Day of the Royals is tomorrow.
Stella: He didn't invite you? Harmony: Huh... Nope, he didn't... Harmony puts down the brush and sits on Stella's bed looking a little upset.* Stella: Fret not my dear! Harmony: Hm... Stella grabs her phone on the table.* Stella: The problem is quite easily solved. You simply have to coax the invite out of him. Harmony: Huh? Coax it out? How do I do that?? Stella: You call him! Harmony: But what am I suppose to say?! Stella gives the phone to Harmony.* Stella: First comment on something else, like the weather! Then segue way into dropping hints. Just be casual. Harmony: I could try. Stella: Fab!
Harmony: Or I could just drop him a text!
Stella: Uh-uh! He needs to hear your lovely voice. Stella starts walking out. Harmony panics.* Harmony: Uh!! Where are you going!? I need emotional support!!
Stella: Don't worry, you'll be dandy, I need to triple wash my hair. Harmony: I can wait. Stella: Nuh-uh, call him! Stella leaves the room.* Harmony: Just sound casual. Harmony dials Brandon's number. Brandon picks up.*

Brandon (Steven)'s Dorm Room

Brandon (Steven): Hello? Harmony: Hey! How about this weather?
Brandon (Steven): H-hey, is that you Harmony?

Stella's Dorm Room

Harmony: It's me! Harmony is nervously shaking.* Harmony: Have you happen to notice how nice the weather has been the last few days? Brandon (Steven): I-it's... nice. Harmony: U-uhh, if you think today's nice wait until tomorrow! I hear it will be clear and sunny all day long!
Brandon (Steven): Uh. T-that's good to know! Harmony: Oh yeah! It promises to be a nice little day. It will be perfect for that thing you guys are doing tomorrow! What was that again?

Brandon (Steven)'s Dorm Room

Brandon looks at the picture of Diaspro.*
Brandon (Steven): U-uh, just... the... Day of the Royals.

Stella's Dorm Room

Harmony: Right... should be a fun day! I'd never been- Brandon (Steven): Beep!
Harmony: What was that?? Brandon (Steven): My- Call waiting! I should probably get that! Beep! I'll, I'll talk to you later! Brandon hangs up.* Harmony: Uh! That was SO lame!!

Brandon (Steven)'s Dorm Room

Brandon looks at his phone apologetically.* Brandon (Steven): That was so lame.

Stella's Dorm Room

Stella returns to the room.* Stella: Soo? When is he picking you up? Harmony: He beeped me Stella! Ugh! Stella: He beeped you?? I'll call Steven and straighten this out. I'm sure Brandon didn't mean to diss you off like that. Harmony: Uh, I don't know about that.