Chapter 23 - The Search for the flame

The Quad, Alfea

Musa: Aren't you worried the army of decay is recharging while we're sitting here? Flora: Well, the only thing we can do is be ready, right? Musa: This whole thing's majorly whack. Flora: You said it.
Musa: Seriously, the semester's almost over. This time of school year we'd be getting ready for prom. And I was going to submit my demo to DJ. Tecna: Just forget prom. Look Musa, we'll never have an opportunity this important again. We are at a critical point in time. Think about it, the fate of an entire dimension is in our hands. This is much more meaningful and exciting than prom! This is history!
Fairy 1: Who cares about making history if you're not around to tell about it? And stop dissing prom! I'm on the committee! In fact I picked the theme, it's Under the Sea.
Fairy 2: So, when's your mum gonna get here? Fairy 1: She's not picking us up. I couldn't get in touch with her.
Flora: You can't leave! We're the only thing standing between those monsters and realm-wide destruction.
Musa: Flora's right! There's more to being a fairy than cute outfits. We have a responsibility to protect the realm!
Flora: Even Bella and Pepe are ready to fight. Bella and Pepe march back and forth.* Flora: Look how small they are and they're gonna march right into the field.
Bella and Pepe run into each other and fall over.* Flora: You know what I mean. Musa: You know the only way we can stop the witches is if we work together. Hortensia, you have the best counter spell skills. And Priscilla, no one can fly as fast as you can. We need you. Flora: No one's gonna beat us! Musa: That's right! We're Alfea girls! Fairy 1: They're right! We have to fight for our school. Musa: Yeah! We'll battle evil like all the fairies before us!
Flora: Centuries of fairies built Alfea, and we're not gonna let anyone tear it down!
Tecna: What do you say, girls!
Musa: Bring it on! Fairy 3: Let's get 'em!
Fairy 4: Alright! Musa: We'll rock them down, shake them up, and show them what we got! Tecna's pager beeps.*
Tecna: Hold on, that's my pager.
Musa: Who is it? Timmy's face appears as a holograph.* Timmy: Tecna, I have to see you right away. Tecna: Oh! Oh dear, what would Stella say? How long should I wait to call? Hmmm, I can't really wait two days to call him back, right? Not with the witches happening. I'll go see him.
Tecna runs off.* Musa: Wait a minute, what's up with those two? Are they going out? Flora: They're working on a project. Some kind of mathematical research thing. Musa: Well, Timmy sure knows the way to Tecna's heart.

Cloud Tower

Harmony, Stella, Riven, Brandon, Steven and Knut are walking down a hallway in Cloud Tower.* Stella: Are you sure the witches can't see us? Harmony: Tecna downloaded the latest anti-detection spell. So it should work against their surveillance system. Stella: Let's hope it does. Knut: Hmmm. Harmony: What is it, Knut? Knut: A monster. I guess he can't see us. A monster is standing in the hallway ahead of them.* Harmony: The spell is working. Stella: Honestly, could a monster be anymore disgusting? Eww!
Knut: Shhh! Knut begins sneaking down the hallway.* Knut: Wait here. He turns a corner, and pushes in a loose brick in the wall. The wall splits open to reveal a secret corridor.* Knut: Let's go! This'll lead us to the witches dorm room. They're probably there.

Trix's Dorm, Cloud Tower

Stella: No witches here. Harmony: If you had the ultimate power and you were trying to take over the world, where would you be? Stella: Let's see, living it up in the royal faculty lounge perhaps? Knut: We could go to the lounge. That way, I know how to get to all their favourite places.
Harmony opens a door and looks out in the hallway, it's filled with monsters.*
Harmony : I don't think we want to go this way, you guys. Knut: No problem, we can go through the kitchen. I used to sneak in there at night for cookies and milk. We can get there by the back passage, it's right through the secret mirror door.
Riven: Didn't we learn something about mirror doors in Intro to Dark Magic?
Steven: Yeah, they're likely to be traps.
Brandon: Huh? Right, traps. Knut: We could forget about the witches, and just go for the cookies? Come on, they're really good! Riven: Forget it, let's just go
Brandon: Lead the way, Riven, after you.
Harmony tries to go first.*
Steven: Hold on, Harmony. Let me go first.
Harmony: Okay. Brandon: I was gonna go, I was just joking. Steven: Let's get 'em.
With Steven leading the way, they enter the hallway behind the mirror. They follow it down secret staircases. An eye with legs follows them, watching.