Chapter 10 - Magical Reality Check

(A/U  please pretend that Bloom's name is Harmony on the picture above.)

Alfea Quad

Harmony stares into a well.
Stella: Harmony! Harmony! Hello! Hey what's up? Harmony drops a coin into the well. Harmony looks around at Stella.
Stella: What did you wish for? Harmony: I can't tell you! Stella: Does it have blonde hair, and blue eyes? Musa: From the look on her face, I'm betting it does! Harmony.
Harmony: Brandon wants to go on a walk. What do you think that means? Musa: Yo, H, I don't know what going on a walk with a boy means on Earth but in my realm when your crush asks you out we usually call it a date. Stella: Well, she can't go. He asked her less than 72 hours in advance.
Flora: He's just being spontaneous, Stella.
Tecna: Actually, I have to agree with Stella. Spontaneity is overrated, advanced planning is a sign of respect. Sella: And pretending to have a busy social calendar is a sign of self-respect. Besides what kind of cheap date is going on a walk? Plus, walking totally limits one's choice of dating footwear. Harmony: It doesn't matter, I want to hang out with him.
Musa: Ooh la la, looks like our Harmony is going on a date!

Red Fountain School

Brandon (Steven): You know, I didn't really like school last year. Harmony: What made you change your mind about it?
Brandon (Steven), Harmony, and Lady walk. Brandon (Steven): Uhh, there are better people around this year. Brandon (Steven) clears his throat. Brandon (Steven): And other stuff too. They started selling glazed doughnuts at breakfast, the glazed ones are the best. Harmony laughs. Brandon (Steven): So, how's Alfea? Harmony: It's cool! I like it but we have our first midterm tomorrow morning.
Brandon (Sky): They're no fun. Lady runs back with a stick. Harmony: Tell me about it. Brandon (Steven): Hey, you'll do fine. Fetch! Brandon (Steven) throws the stick for Lady. Lady runs after it. Harmony sighs. Harmony: It's a difficult midterm - magical reality. Brandon (Steven): No way! Heard that story about the girl who disappeared in the chamber? Wow.
Harmony: Yeah, I don't think that one's true. But Tecna says your performance on this midterm is an accurate prediction of your long-term success at Alfea!
Brandon (Steven): I'm sure you'll do well, Harmony. Harmony: *sounds unsure* Thanks. I hope so. Brandon (Steven): Come on, I've seen the kind of power you have. It's so awesome! You are totally gonna ace your test. Harmony: Power is only part of it and that thing in Magix might have just been a fluke. Harmony bends down to pat Lady. Brandon (Steven) kneels beside her. Brandon (Steven): I have a feeling you're gonna rock. Harmony: Thanks. They smile at each other. Nearby Riven is watching them. Riven: Oh, I'm gonna get so much praise. Riven connects to Darcy through her powers. Riven: Puppy dog to stiletto. Copy? Darcy: Copy. Riven: The butterfly is flying into the spiderweb. Tomorrow she'll be yours. Darcy: Good boy, Riven!

Magical Reality Chamber, Alfea

Palladium: I am sure, you must have heard quite a bit about this place already. This is it! The Alfea Magical Reality Chamber. The chamber is the product of the most powerful kind of magic that exists; secret, ancient spells and potions are combined to create just the right mix of magical energy to produce a virtual world and any kind of virtual situation imaginable.
Stella: How about a virtual situation where there's not midterm!? The class laughs.
Palladium: Yes but it could also create quite a different situation; one where the test lasts forever. The class stops laughing abruptly. Palladium: Let me explain to you what it's like inside the chamber. While the world is virtual, the reality is not; when it's cold you will really feel cold and if a rock falls and hits you, believe me you will feel it. Some like to say the magical reality test is what separates the fairies from the pixies. I think it's true.
They enter the control room for the chamber. Stella: *to Tecna* Help me study? Tonight. Tecna: Oh, sure. Palladium: Gather round. Tecna: Don't I always? Palladium sits at the controls and starts to press the buttons. The class looks on with interest. Palladium: Your midterm will be a survival test. The chamber will randomly select a dead planet for you. It will then place you on a virtual version of this planet's surface where you will have to survive extremely desolate conditions. Flora: First step: grow some plants. Stella: Note to self: bring family gardener on the journey.
Harmony: Stella! You can't bring anyone with you. Stella: Right. Survive without a staff? You must be joking! Stella laughs.
Palladium: You may bring potion ingredients but nothing else. You will have to rely solely on your Winx to survive. As it should be.