one

(eddie kaspbrak)
*august 12th,2019*
i feel a lot of pain, mentally and physically. i have an overbearing mother, that would probably kick me out if she knew i was attracted to boys. even though it's 2019, she's still homophobic. even if she was supportive of me, she would never be supportive if she knew i liked richie trashmouth tozier. i hope richie is my soulmate, but would he even want to be with me? my phone alarms wakes me from my daydream about my best friend, who is also my crush.
"shit, i'm supposed to be at the quarry in 30 minutes!" i exclaim.
i throw on my favorite red short shorts and baby yellow shirt, i clip my fanny pack on my waist. i slide on knee high socks and adidas shoes.
eddie's outfit:

i run downstairs to leave, but of course, my mom stops me

"where are you going, eddie-bear?" she asks.
"i'm just going to stan's to watch a couple movies with him and bill," i lie.
"what time will you be home?" she questions.
"ill be home by seven, i promise," i respond.
"okay. i better see you here at seven pm sharp!"
i grab my bike and i bike to the quarry as fast as i can.
"hey eds!" richie shouts as soon as i arrive at the quarry.
"don't call me that!" i complain, parking my bike.
to tell the truth i love it when he calls me that, i will never tell him that though.
"where's bev and ben?" bill asks.
"they're on their way. they were on a date," mike informs us.
once bev and ben get to the quarry, we all strip down to our undergarments. i can't help but stare at richie, and once i look i can't stop.
"like what you see eds?" richie teases.
i roll eyes and i grab his hand before we all jump in.
*4:00 pm*
the losers' and i swim at the quarry until about 3:30 when everyone starts to leave. soon it's just richie and i.
"what time do you have to be home?" richie asks.
"seven. what about you?"
"whenever, my mom is working late again today. wanna come over?" richie states.
"sure, lemme just grab my bike," i respond.
maybe i should tell him i'm gay.
the thing is, the only three people who know i'm gay are ben, bill, and stan. richie is my best friend, but i'm just scared how he's going to react based on his past. when richie and i get to his house, we get snacks, and grab some Uno cards.
"hey rich, please don't be mad, can i tell you something?" i ask.
my hands all of a sudden feel sweaty and i can't breath. richie hands me my inhaler and i take a puff of it.
"yeah, what's up, eddie spaghetti?" richie responds.
" i think i'm gay."

first chapter of pain! please comment and favorite!