thirty-three

(eddie kaspbrak)
*august 19th*
!mentions of assault!
when we get to bev's house, richie takes my hand. i've never been to bev's, i didn't know how bad of a condition she lived in.
"eds, let's go," richie whispers.
i don't reply, i follow the rest of the losers into bev's room.
"richie, can you check if she took clothes? if she did, we know she wasn't kidnapped," ben asks.
richie lets go of my hand, he goes into bev's closet it's almost empty and so is her dresser.
"i know she has an aunt that lives in the next town over. we should check the clubhouse and then there," richie states.
all of us leave bev's house, i climb back onto richies bike, as he zooms off. i know he's nervous for bev's sake, but i'm more scared she's hurt. once we get to the clubhouse, we climb down into it.
"wait, there's a note from bev!" mike shouts.
we gather around as bill reads it.
"dear losers, i had to leave tonight because my dad assaulted me. im not answering your calls because i'm nervous you guys are mad at me. if you guys need to talk to me, i'll be at my aunts house. her address is: 777 lawn street. i love you all, especially you ben. :)"
"guys, i'm going to go to bev's aunt's house. if you guys want to come with, you can. i know you guys are tired, but i was just so scared i had to call you guys," ben blabbers.
"no, we're coming with."
*5:33 am*
when we finally get to bev's aunt's house, ben and richie knock profusely on the door. a woman, about 36, answers the door. she looked exactly like bev, but blonde.
"hi, we're bev's friends. we're just worried about her and she said to come here if we want to talk to her," bill explains.
"oh! come on in, i'll get her!" the woman exclaims.
we all walk in, she smiles and orders us to sit down.
"bev, your friends are here!" the woman shouts.
when bev doesn't come downstairs, ben steps forward.
"um, i'm bev's boyfriend. is it okay if i go and check on her, miss?" ben asks.
"of course! and you all can call me anna," anna states.
ben rushes upstairs, stan and bill have already fallen asleep.
"rich, you okay?" i ask.
"i'm just scared shes hurt. she's my best friend," richie explains.
"she'll be okay. i promise," i whisper.
bev comes downstairs, it's obvious she's been crying.
"i-i'm sorry guys," she whispers.
we all rush into a group hug, even mike is crying.
"we were just worried, especially ben and i," richie laughs.
"i just had to get away from him."
we go upstairs to bev's room, bev explains everything that happened.
"why didn't you come to one of our houses though?" i ask.
"i was scared you guys were going to be mad. plus, i needed to have somewhere to live, i'll still go to school, i just won't be on the same bus," bev explains.
we don't ask anymore questions. mike, stan, bill, richie, and i lay on the floor. i start to fall asleep when i hear sniffling. i look up and bev isn't crying. it's richie.
"baby, are you okay?" i ask.
"eds, will you marry me?"
i know they're too young to technically get married without a court order. just wait until the next chapter tomorrow!

 just wait until the next chapter tomorrow!