forty-six

(richie tozier)
*september 30th*
"my dad wants a relationship with the baby," bev tells us.
"what did you tell him?" mike asks.
"i didn't say anything i just left. i don't want my baby growing up with an abusive grandfather," bev says.
ben wraps an arm around bev.
"i'm sure if you talked to the police about what he did to you, i'm sure they'll take him into custody," mike says.
"and if they don't believe me, what do i do? he's going to hurt me or even worse, the baby."
"bev, honey, if we all come and your aunt comes, they have to believe us. we can show them the pictures of the bruises and the note you left us. we can get a restraining order on him," ben says.
"we can go tomorrow, i promise you its going to be okay," eddie speaks.
"yeah, none of us are going to let anything happen to the baby," i state.
everyone nods in agreement, bev hugs us all.
*7:37 pm*
"mom, how did you get a restraining order on dad?" i ask.
"we filled out paperwork, then we had a court hearing, and then we had to wait for the judge's decision, why?" my mom explains.
"bev wants to get a restraining order on her dad if he doesn't get charges against him. we're going tomorrow," eddie tells my mom.
"oh my gosh, do you want me to go with?" my mom asks.
"if you can, we need as many people against him as possible," i say.
"of course i'll come. i want her to be safe and her baby girl or boy."
"baby girl," eddie corrects.
"she's having a girl?" my mom exclaims.
"yeah, we just found out today."
*1:30 pm*
"you ready, bev? you have everything?" eddie asks.
in 30 minutes, all of the losers, hawkins kids, plus my mom and bev's aunt are going to the police to file the abuse of a minor against bev's dad. i can tell bev and ben are nervous, i mean for ben this is for his girlfriend and daughter. we're all nervous, most of all them two.
"yeah, thank you all for coming," bev says.
when we get to the station, my mom and bev's aunt anna go forward because we know they won't believe a bunch of 17 year olds.
"do you guys have any proof of abuse?" the officer asks.
"actually we have a couple of pictures and videos, a note, and witnesses," my mom says.
i go to the officer.
"officer, there were many times where i would go to ms. marsh's house and walk in on her dad hurting her, i tried to get in between them two, but it ended in both of us getting hurt," i explain.
"thanks, rich, i got this though," bev tells me.
i go back by eddie, who's sitting in the corner, quietly.
"is everything okay, baby?" i ask eddie.
"i'm scared for bev," eddie responds.
"i know, baby, i am too. we have a lot of evidence though," i state.
"yeah, i guess so."
after a little while of everyone talking about what happened to bev, the officer goes to talk to the chief.
"can we bring alvin marsh in for arrest?"