thirty-six

(richie tozier)
*september 12th*
"eds, what do you mean you don't feel well?" i question.
i know eddies sick, he doesn't look like himself, plus he's way quieter than usual.
"i just feel sick," eddie replies.
"okay. i'll ask my mom to come and pick us up," i tell eddie.
"no!" eddie shouts.
"what do you mean?" i ask.
"i feel bad for leaving," eddie admits.
"eddie, we will explain to mike what happened. i'm sure he's going to be okay with you leaving," bill states.
everyone agrees. i pick eddie up and i call my mom.
*11:36 pm*
"richie," eddie groans.
"what, my love?" i ask.
"i need my bucket," eddie tells me.
i bring eddies bucket over just in time. he vomits into the bucket. within two minutes of us getting home, eddie ended up getting sick. he has flu symptoms, so i'm not worried. if he starts to get sick every two minutes and has a high fever, i'm bringing him to the hospital. i climb into bed with eddie and i pull him into my lap.
"chee, you're going to get sick," eddie says.
"i don't care. i can't watch you be miserable," i whisper.
"why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling well?" i ask.
"everyone was so excited and i didn't want to get in the way. i thought it was just because of my usual fall allergies," eddie explains.
"i would have rather you tell me."
"i'm sorry," eddie whispers.
"no, don't be sorry. i love you, eddie."
"i love you too, richie," eddie says before falling asleep on my lap.
i continue with eddies one year anniversary gift, when my mom comes into eddies room.
"is he feeling any better?" my mom asks.
"i don't know. i'm letting him sleep," i answer.
"you know, i knew you and eddie were in love even before you told me you guys were dating. just the way you two looked at each other, especially you richie. i know you don't take an interest in many things, but i saw how invested you were with eddie. i know he's the right one for you, rich."
today is my virtual graduation! thank you for 2k reads!