forty-three

(eddie kaspbrak)
*august 2nd*
today is the day richie has been scared for, ever since  he found out about mike being his brother. today, even though richies 17, richie is going to live with mike and his family part-time. i'm happy that he gets to be with his real family, but i'm going to miss seeing him every night.
"eddie, are you okay?" maggie asks.
"yeah, i'm just going to miss seeing richie every minute," i answer.
"i know richie will invite you over, it will be like before you moved in," maggie explains.
i nod and i go up to richies room, knocking lightly on the door.
"come in!" richie calls.
i carefully open the door and walk into richies room.
"hey, baby," richie whispers.
"hey, chee," i say.
i climb into richies bed and cuddle into him.
"you know you're adorable, right?" richie jokes.
"i'm not," i mumble.
"what's wrong?" richie asks.
"i'm just going to miss you," i respond.
"i'll only be two blocks away, karen, ted, and i figured it out so i could be here for our four year anniversary and your birthday. i could just not go if that's what you want," richie explains.
"no, i want you to go!" i insist.
"richie, eddie, come on!" maggie yells.
richie picks me up and brings me downstairs, i don't argue, i love it when richie carries me. when we get to mike's house, the movers are already there, richie had to move half his stuff, plus karen and ted had to get richie new furniture.
"richie!" richies step-sister, holly exclaims.
richie picks holly up and beckons me to follow him.
"richie! your room is the first door on the left, i figured you'd want to be next to mike," ted tells us.
"thanks, ted!" richie shouts.
i follow richie upstairs and into his new room, it's completely empty, but it's painted my favorite color, baby yellow.
"rich," i start.
"i wanted to paint it this color, it's your favorite," richie interrupts.
once all of the furniture is in the room, richie, mike, will, and i start to move all of the furniture around, until it's to richies pleasure.
"michael, richie, come down here!" ted shouts.
mike and richie exit the room and will and i sit on richies new bed.
"i guess i better get used to walking over here instead of across the hall," i admit.
"yeah, it's not that bad because you get to see richie," will says.
"yeah, that's true."
when mike and richie come back into the room, they look happy, but weirded out.
"what did your mom want?" will asks.
"they're getting a restraining order on our dad."