ten

(richie tozier)
*october 31st, 2019*
"eduardo, ondle, let's go!" i shout.
eddie comes rushing downstairs in his pig onesie. instead of trick or treating, we're all just going to chill out, pig out on candy, and watch scary movies.
"hey, boys, you ready to go?" my mom asks.
eddie and i nod, i grab my phone as i leave the house. when we get to mike's farm, bev opens the door for us, a beer in her hand.
"hand me one!" i shout, running into mike's house.
"richie, no!" eddie yells.
"eddie, loosen up a little, i'm only going to have one,"
i insist.
i kiss eddie as bev hands me a beer. we all sit down on the couch, i wrap an arm around eddie, but he squirms out of my grip.
what did i do?
*two hours later*
"hey, you okay rich?" bev asks.
"i don't know, i think eddies mad at me," i state.
"talk to him! i know you love him and if you hurt him, i will hurt you!" bev shouts, taking a drag of her cigarette.
i run back into the house, seeing eddie isn't there.
"where's eddie?" i ask.
"he's in the bathroom," bill states.
i knock on the door repeatedly.
"who is it?" i can hear eddie choke out.
"it's richie, can i be let in?"
eddie opens the door and i see his eyes, glistened with tears. i shut the door, i sit eddie on my lap.
this is because of me messing up.
"what's wrong, baby?" i ask.
"i-i can't see you drink and smoke. i don't want you to get sick, i'm not expecting you to give it up right away, but i want a life with you and i don't want yours to be cut short!" eddie screams.
i stroke his head, trying to calm him down.
"hey, baby, it's okay. i'm going to try and cut down on the beers and cigarettes. i realized how uncomfortable it made you and i don't want to lose you."