forty-eight

(richie tozier)
*december 25th*
"chee, wake up!" eddie begs.
"mm, too early," i complain.
i feel eddie climb into my bed, cuddling into me, he presses a kiss to my forehead. i open my eyes and a smiling eddie fills my view.
"well, good morning," eddie giggles.
oh my god, the giggles.
"what time is it?" i mutter.
"9:30," eddie answers.
i wrap and arm around eddie, turning on my tv.
"what do you want to watch, baby?" i ask.
"can we watch elf?" eddie asks.
"of course," i respond.
i put on elf, which is eddies favorite christmas movie. about a fourth of the way through the movie, i look over at eddie, who's fallen asleep in my arms.
"must have been up early," i whisper.
i kiss his cheek, cover him up with my blanket, and quietly walk downstairs.
"well good morning," my mom says.
"eddie, fell asleep and i wanna bring him breakfast, what can i make quickly?" i ask.
"there's pancake mix in the cabinet. you know eddie told me one time he wants you to cook for him more," my mom tells me.
"i don't know how to cook," i whisper-yell.
"i'm sure eddie will appreciate this and i can teach you, i mean i've cooked for you for 17 years."
i start to make eddies pancakes. sprinkling chocolate chips in. once i start to make the pancakes, it gets pretty easy. i get five pancakes for eddie and four me, saving four for my mom. eddie deserves the whole world, i grab the syrup and i quietly go back to my room.
"chee, is that you?" eddie groggily asks.
"yeah, i made you pancakes. it's an added on christmas gift," i tell eddie.
i hand eddie his pancakes, instantly starts to eat them. he stops to eat when he notices me look at him.
"stop it eddie you look like a pig," eddie mutters to himself.
"you look cute," i tell him.
"no i don't," eddie argues.
"edward frank kaspbrak, you're the cutest thing alive, now let me take a picture of you," i scold.
eddie smiles and i take the picture.
"boys, were leaving for karen and teds in two hours and dress nice!"
*two hours later*
"richie, eddie!" mike exclaims, hugging us two.
mike and will lead us to the living room, which is full of presents and christmas decorations. we let holly open all of her presents because most of the presents are hers. eddie taps on my shoulder and flips open a ring box.
"will you marry me?"