seventeen

(eddie kaspbrak)
*febuary 14th*
"eds, you ready to go?" richie asks.
today richie and i are going on a roller skating date for valentine's day. the only problem is i don't know how to skate.
"yeah, but rich?"
"yeah, babe?"
"i dont know how to skate, but you were so excited i didn't wanna ruin that," i tell richie.
"it's okay, eds! i can teach you, it'll be fun!" i shout.
i nod. once we get to the roller rink, richie helps me get myself ready. i try to stand up but i end up falling on my butt.
"i hate this already," i complain.
richie helps me up and takes my hand. he leads me to the rink and explains to me how to move forward and stuff. once i get the hang of it, we slowly skate around the rink. i can't help but catch richie staring.
"what?" i ask.
"you look absolutely beautiful," he whispers.
i blush madly, i know i always do, but i can't help myself.
"hey, baby, do you wanna get something to eat? we can share a pretzel," richie suggests.
"sure!" i exclaim.
when richie gets our pretzel we split it in half, he takes my hand, and smiles.
"how come you haven't fought with bowers?" i ask.
"i try to ignore him because i know if i get beaten up, you'll get hurt as well."
*four days later*
"hey, fuckface, don't talk about my boyfriend like that!"