thirty-seven

(eddie kaspbrak)
*september 14th*
"happy anniversary, eds," richie tells me.
today is mine and richie's one year anniversary. i can't believe it's been one year since i started dating my soulmate. apart of me feels like it's been six million years, but the other part feels like it's been two days.
"thanks, chee. you too," i respond.
"oh! i got you a couple gifts! and don't say i didn't have too because i wanted to!" richie exclaims.
richie grabs two big bags, setting them in front of me. he gestures to me to open them, i carefully pick up one of the bags. i pull out a harry styles record and queen record. my favorite band/artist to listen too. i explode you from my seat, hugging richie.
"thank you so much, baby!" i shout.
richie laughs and kisses me.
"i know you love their music, i saw it in the music store and i knew i had to buy them for you," richie explains.
"thanks, chee."
"open the other bag," richie orders.
i nod and i pick up the bag. i pull out on of the gifts.
"365 memories with my soulmate."
i start to flip through the booklet and richie nervously smiles.
"why do you look nervous?" i ask.
"i painted something for you and i don't know if you are going to like it," richie responds.
(a/n: pretend richie can paint lol okay?"
"you know i like anything, rich," i tell richie.
i pull out a beautiful painting of richie and i kissing on the kissing bridge, there's a rainbow above us and the sun is shining on me. the bridge is filled with carvings of r+e.
"i obviously put the rainbow because we're gay and i put the sun shining on you because you're the sunshine of my life."