fifty

(richie tozier)
*december 25th*
i still can't believe it, i'm engaged to my best friend. it feels like a dream to my closted self, i keep pinching myself to make sure it's real.
"ow, eddie! please, stop pinching yourself! remember i can feel it too!" richie scolds, laughing.
all of a sudden, holly barges into the room.
"richie, eddie, momma and daddy said dinner is ready!" holly shouts.
"we'll be there in a minute, holly," richie tells holly.
"hey, eddie, can we wait a little while to get married? just so we can get more money in the bank," i ask.
"of course! i was going to ask you that, but i don't want to wait too long," eddie answers.
eddie smiles and i kiss him, we go to the kitchen where everyone is gathered around the table.
"it's the new engagees!" my mom shouts.
"mom, don't get too excited, we decided we're going to wait a little bit to have the wedding," i scold.
richie and i sit down, we all dive into our food since we haven't eaten since breakfast.
"mike, will, you coming to bev's baby shower on the 14th?" eddie asks.
"yeah, add us on the list," will tells eddie.
mike looks at me and smiles, he texts me, ordering me to come to his room. i follow mike to his room and he closes his door softly.
"i'm telling will i got us an apartment today," mike blurts out.
"that's great!" i exclaim.
"i just didn't want to take attention away from your and eddies engagement, i was going to tell him when we were opening presents, but now i know it's better that i tell him alone," mike explains.
"mike, if you would have told me i would have done it last night. it's great that you and will both got into university of maine together, i'm going to miss driving two minutes of walking across the hall to talk to you though," i state.
"me too."
knock, knock, knock.
"come in!" mike and i shout in unison.
will and eddie carefully walk into mike's room, eddie sits on my lap, while will hesistantly sits next to mike.
"i have to tell will something, can i us two be alone?" mike asks.
"sure!" i respond, ushering eddie out of the room.
"chee, when are you going to tell the rest of your family?" eddie asks.
"tomorrow, i want us two to have a peaceful day because i know they'll go crazy," i tell eddie.
"i get it. some random boy is getting to a member of their family," eddie states.
"eddie, in the tozier family. you're not just a random boy, you're already family."
thank you for 3k reads!