It was worth it

Dixie POV

I slowly wake up to the sun shinning into my room. When I opened my eyes fully and look over the ocean smiling. I throw my blankets off of me and grab my phone. I see a notification that Charli had posted a tik tok. I quickly watch it and laugh as it's another dance.

I put my phone down after texting my family that everything was fine. I quickly hop in the shower and put on my lifeguard bikini. I put my lifeguarding shorts and my lifeguarding hoodie on. I grab my keys and walk out through the garage door. There was my car covered in a cloth as I quickly run to it and pull off the cloth. I run my hands over the hood of my white Jeep and I immediately missed this car.

I payed for this car by myself with all the money I made from lifeguarding and my job back at home. I quickly grab a backpack and stuff a towel and beach things in it before tossing it in the back of the beach. I decide to take my surfboard with just Incase I want to surf. I put my wetsuit in too and smile at the thought of seeing my friends.

I hop in my car and open the garage and drive out closing the garage door again. I drive on the roads and jam to some music. I wave to some people walking there dogs or just walking with each other. I finally reach the entrance to turtles bay and I park my car in the parking spots. I hop out grabbing my things and surf board. I look over the beach and see a few surfers and a few swimmers.

I walk down the deck until my feet hit the soft hot sand. Damn I missed the beach.
"Hi Dixie" a few girls says as they pass me.
"Morning" I say cheerfully. I head down to the lifeguarding tower and lean my surf board against the small building. I climb up the stairs and put my backpack inside. No one was in there which I was a little confused about.

That's when I feel arms wrap around me and lift me off the ground.
"DIXIE!" It's Robbie. I laugh as he puts me down.
"ROBBIE!" I shout back and he pulls me into his chest. I hug him back and smile.
"How are you?" He says as we move apart.
"I'm amazing how about you?" He smiles running a hand through his dark brown hair.

"I'm good" we both walk out chatting about school and our friends.
"Hey just remember if Aubrey replaces you, you always have us" I smile at him and hit him on the shoulder.
"Thanks you big softie" he winks at me as I see Avani running towards us. I run to her as she squeals and wraps her arms around me.

"Oh my god Dixie it's been forever" we break apart laughing.
"It really has" I look over her shoulder and see Sydney and Julia walking to us hand in hand. They are dating and are just so cute.
"Guys!" Avani and I shout as we run towards them and pull them into a huge hug.

"Aww we missed you guys too" Robbie comes up from behind us and hugs Avani then Julia and Sydney.
"Now we are just missing one more person"
"Mar-"
"IM HERE!" We hear Mark shout as he comes running towards us. We all go into a group hug and break apart laughing.

"Ok now let's go do our job" Robbie says wrapping a arm around my shoulder.

* * *

The day went smoothly not many people were in trouble. Only two people who got stuck in a rip tide. I sit on the lifeguarding post that is next to the lifeguarding tower and sigh. I might as well go surfing. I look down at my friends and see Mark talking to Avani, Sydney and Julia went for a walk down the beach and Robbie was watching the sea.

I climb down the ladder and land softly onto the ground. I walk towards them and go under the umbrella.
"Hey guys I'm going surfing" they all nod at me and I walk towards the lifeguarding tower. I climb up the stairs and grab my wetsuit putting it on. I walk back down the stairs grabbing my surfing board and heading down the beach towards the surfers.