Addison?

Dixie POV

You know that moment when you have someone on your mind and it's impossible to get them out? yeah well that's me right now. I toss and turn on my bed trying to get myself to sleep but it was no use.

The blonde haired beauty was still on my mind. I barely even know the girl but yet just spending earlier with her made my heart leap. If my heart had full control it would be running to Addison where ever she is.

Maybe I just need some air. I get up grabbing a jacket and putting it on. I walk out my room and down the stairs towards the glass door. I open it and step out immediately been hit by the smell of the sea. I breath in and out and lean against the railing. I look over the beach and then my eyes land on what I think is the same girl sitting on the beach.

I swear it like midnight. What is it with this girl?
I walk over my deck and down the stairs leading to the beach. I know this is a dumb idea but I don't really care at this point. I walk down the beach heading towards her. I was behind her when I suddenly stop.

She had blonde hair. Could it be?
"Addison?" The girl turns around quickly and looks up at me and for sure there was Addison.
"Dixie?" She says and I put my hands in my pocket.
"What are you doing?" I say and she sighs turning back around to look at the sea.

I slowly walk beside her and sit down on the sand. She didn't say anything more and I don't either. I cross my legs and look out at the sea with her. All you could hear was the waves crashing for the longest time before Addison finally spoke.
"I don't know" she says more to herself then me.

I side eye her and bit my bottom lip.
"I saw you sitting here last night too" I say and I see her look at me in the corner of my eye.
"You did?" I nod my head meeting her eyes. I turn and point towards my house.
"I live there"
"Oh" I look back at her and give her a small smile.

"I didn't mean to intrude" she shakes her head and gives me a small smile back.
"No Dixie it's okay. I actually really enjoy your company" I couldn't help but blush at that. I know it didn't mean much to her but it did to me.

"My dad recently died" she suddenly says and I look at her. Her eyes were filling with tears and I wrapped an arm around her shoulder. She leaned her head against my shoulder and buried her head into my neck.
"I'm so sorry Addison" I say gently stroking her arm in a soothing way. She pulls away and sniffs wiping her face with her jersey sleeve.

"This was his favourite place in the world" she looks out over the sea.
"And I don't know sometime I just can't sleep and I come here....it....."
"Calms you" I say and she nods her head.
"I know I'm the same" we fall silent as Addison shifts closer to me and slowly leans her head on my shoulder again.

"How's your side?" She says and I chuckle.
"Sore and bruised" she giggles.
"I'm sorry"
"It's okay Addison I know it was just a mistake" she sniffs one more time.

"Can I see it?" I choke, huh?
"What?" I say
"Your side can I see it I want to see how bad I got you" I swallow hard.
"It's not that bright out here" I say but she pulls her phone out.
"I have a flash light" I swallow hard again and eventually nod my head.

"Okay" she removes her head from my shoulder and turns to me. I turn to her an lift my jacket and shirt up. She turns on her flashlight and she puts it on my purple and red bruise. She looks up at me and I can see the sadness in her eyes. She looks back down and slowly touches my bruise. I shiver at her cold fingertips touching my bare skin.

"Cold"I say and she laughs.
"Sorry" she gently glides her fingertip over the bruise but then I realised that she wasn't just wondering her fingertips over my bruise. She glides her fingertips over my abs and to the other side where she stops and my breath catches. She runs her finger over the scar that had formed from my accident.

"What happened?" She says and I look up at the sky.
"It happened two years ago"I look back down and see Addison looking at me. Her eyes told me that it was okay to go on.
"It's a long story" she smiles.
"I'm not going anywhere" I smile and nod my head.

"It was my second summer lifeguarding. I remember that day being really calm nothing had happened but then later on everything feel apart. Two people got caught in a riptide and Robbie and I went into the ocean to help them. My person nearly drowned as they started freaking out but eventually Robbie and I got the people out.We took them to shore when Julia got a radio call saying that a boat was on fire. We all headed out while Avani stayed behind to check on the other two rescues. I was driving the boat towards the boat that was on fire.

Mark and I are the strongest swimmers so we jumped off the boat and got onto the boat on fire to help a few people get off. Mark jumped off the boat with another girl because I told him that I would get the last person. The last person was a boy named tommy, the thing was he was trapped inside the boat so I had to go through all the smoke. When I finally got him out and into my arms I went to the side of the boat but just as I was about to jump off the boat there was an explosion that knocked us both over but not before I was sliced by a broken piece of the boat. It cut me really bad like a knife.

I managed to swim back to the boat with Tommy and I handed him over to the others. I drove the boat holding my bleeding side. I never told the others that I was hurt because I wanted them to focus on the rescues but my side was really bleeding and I started coughing badly and then everything went black" I feel myself tear up as I look away from Addisons face.

"Hey it okay you don't have to tell me anymore" I shook my head and wiped the falling tears with the back of my hand.
"Robbie said that he immediately went to me and tried to stop the bleeding. He said when we reached the shore the ambulance came rushing down and grabbed me. They put me on one of those bed things and carried me up to the parking lot. They said I had lost a lot of blood but then it just got worse. They said I stopped breathing. They tried and tried to get me back but I still didn't breath for another 16 seconds but by some miracle I started breathing again" I put my shirt down as Addison removed her hands. I missed her soft touch already.

"When I woke up in the hospital I started sobbing and screaming I don't want to die, I don't want to die and that I'm to young to feel like that. My family couldn't get me to calm down and eventually a nurse came and gave me some calming thing. I didn't stop crying but I did calm down. I realized that I needed to do more with my life because if I don't what will happen when I actually die. So thats exactly what I'm doing...my living" I look back at Addison and see the tears fall from her face.

"I'm so sorry Dixie" I lick my lips, they taste salty. I look down at the sand. I put my hand in the sand and just play with it. That's when she put her hand on mine and I immediately looked up at her.
"How old were you?" I swallow.
"16" she squeezes my hand. We stay quiet for a long time.

"So you are 18 now?" She says and I nod my head.
"Yeah how old are you?" She gives me a soft smile.
"19" I nod my head. A cold breeze hit us and we both shivered.
"We should probably go home" I say and she nods. We both stand up and she looks at me for a split second before wrapping her arms around my neck and I wrap my arms around her waist. We hug and I close my eyes burying my face in her hair.

It was the hardest to let go of her but we eventually let go. I look at her face and I knew I didn't want her to go.
"How far do you live from here?" She sighs.
"Like 15 minutes away" I nod my head and bite my lip.
"Do you maybe want to come to my place, it's way closer?" She thinks for a moment before nodding her head.

"Yeah actually that would be great" I nod my head as she grabs my hand and my heart leaps. I blush and look away from her.
"Let's go" I lead her to my place smiling the whole way. Maybe now I'll be able to sleep.