What the fuck is going on?!

Dixie POV

On my way home I send a quick message to Addison.

Dixie 🏄‍♀️: Hey babe just letting you know I'm heading home. Do you want to go out to a movie or something tomorrow or even just hang out on the beach? I get off work early or maybe you could come over now and watch movies? ☺️

I put my phone in my pocket as I pull into the drive way and park my car inside. I get out grabbing my backpack. I'm definitely going to feel sore tomorrow, that rip tide really got me. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I take it out.

Addison 😍: I can only come over late.

I frown and read the text message one more time knowing that something must be up with Addison. If she don't use emojis something's up.

Dixie 🏄‍♀️: are you okay? ❤️
Addison 😍: yes I'm fine. I just have this thing with my mom.
Dixie 🏄‍♀️: okay Addi, I miss you.
Addison 😍: I miss you more.

I put my phone away and frown. Maybe Addison has got some family issues that she needs to sort out.
"Dixie?" I look up and see charli sitting on the couch watching some murder mystery.
"Hey Charli" I say throwing myself onto the couch next to her.
"Can we talk?" I turn to her and smile.
"Sure what is it?" She swallows hard grabbing the remote and turning the tv off.

"Charli what's up?" I say grabbing her hand. She looked terrible now that I got a closer look at her and her eyes were all puffy.
"Dixie if I tell you this, promise me you won't freak out" I raise an eyebrow.
"Promise" she says and I nod my head.
"I promise" I say. She nods her head.
"Chase and I broke up" I look at her and clench my jaw. I squeeze her hand and breath in and out.

"Did he break up with you?"
"Yes" I get up and throw my arms up.
"I'm going to murder him!" I shout but Charli grabs my hand.
"You promised Dixie" I look at Charli as a tear falls down her face. I soften and sit back down. I pull her into my arms and hug her tight as she cry's.
"I'm sorry" I say hugging her hard. That boy is dead.

Addison POV

I don't go back downstairs until I knew that Bryce and his family was gone. I told my mom that my stomach was sore and she believed it and didn't bother me for the rest of the day. I lay down feeling my eyes burning. Maybe I should just get some sleep.
"Addison?" I hear a soft knock on the door and my mom walks in.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?"
"It hurts" I say for the reasons she doesn't know.
"Well sweetheart I hope you are feeling better tomorrow because we are going to the beach with Bryces family" I groan into my pillow softly so that she won't hear me.
"Okay" I say simply.
"Alright sweetheart" she says walking back out and closing the door.

My phone pings to life and I stare at the screen seeing it was a text message from Dixie. I read the screen and sigh. I know I won't be able to hang out with her tomorrow so I might as well tell her that I can come over later today.

Dixie 🏄‍♀️: are you okay? ❤️

She can read me even through the phone. As much as I won't to tell her no and have her cuddle me and tell me that everything is fine, I can't.

Addison 😍: yes I'm fine. I just have this thing with my mom.

I lie hoping that she doesn't pick up on anything.

Dixie 🏄‍♀️: okay Addi, I miss you.

I smile at the message and sigh.

Addison 😍: I miss you more.