No matter what

Dixie POV

I walk down the street with my hands in my pocket and my hoodie over my head as it rains. Fuck I wish I had my car. I jog a little and walk up to the house knocking on the door. I stand in the rain for a couples seconds before the door opens.
"Dixie?" I nod my head and Griffin opens the door wider for me and I step inside.
"What are you doing here, even though I'm glad to see you" I turn around and stare at him.

"Griffin whatever we had it's done, I'm in a relationship now and I don't want to mess it up" I say getting to the point quickly. He crosses his arms and leans against the wall.
"You're in a relationship, with who?" He ask rudely and I roll my eyes.
"With Addison"
"That girl that walked in on us?" I nod my head and he sighs. He closes his eyes for a couple seconds before looking at me.

"Are you happy?" I nod my head.
"I am Griffin" he nods his head.
"Friends?" I shake my head.
"I'm sorry Griffin but I mean we are done, completely" he sighs and rubs his hand through his hair.
"So I guess this is the end?" I nod my head slowly.
"This is the end Griffin" he looks down at the ground.

"Goodbye Griffin" I say and he looks back at me and opens the door again.
"Goodbye Dixie" I thought he would of put up a bigger fight but he didn't. Maybe he finally realised that it's over. I smile at him and step back outside into the rain. He closes the door again and I sigh and I jog out of his driveway and down the street. A car drives past me but then stops and I go next to the car and see that Avani was in it.
"Need a ride?" She mouths and I laugh and nod my head. I open the door and quickly get in.

"Damn Dixie you're soaking wet what are you doing walking in the rain?" I smile at her as we drive down the road.
"I went to end everything with Griffin"
"Why now though?"
"Cause I wanted it done so I can enjoy the rest of my summer" she nods her head.
"Why didn't Addison give you a ride?"
"Addison had to go met her other family across town. She'll be back tomorrow"
"Oh" Avani answers as we turn onto my road.

"What are you doing?" I ask and her smile fades.
"I need to talk to Charli"
"About?" I ask raising a eyebrow.
"We got into a fight earlier and I realised that I was the one in wrong so I'm going to her to apologise" I sigh.
"Oh okay" the rest of the ride was quiet before we pulled up at my place and into the garage.
"It's weird not seeing your car in here"
"I know right" I say unbuckling my seatbelt and hoping out.

"Thanks for the ride Avani and good luck with Charli" she smiles at me as I open the door and head up the stairs. I walk into my room and start shivering a little. I need to get out of these wet clothes. I start to strip and take my hair out of the messy bun I put it in when my phone pings. I walk over to my bed and look at the screen and immediately pick it up. It was a message from Addison.

Addison: guess who just tried to do a backflip and failed, this girl 🤪

I giggle at the message and type away.

Dixie: aww is my baby sore now? 🥺
Addison: yes I'm going to need a back massage 😩
Dixie: that can be arranged when you come home. I miss you ❤️
Addison: you saw me yesterday
Dixie: yes but I need to see you ever day until I die.
Addison: then put a ring on it 🤪💍
Dixie: oh baby you know I will.
Addison: you would really marry me?
Dixie: in a heart beat ❤️

She doesn't reply for a second and I frown.

Addison: I want to marry you.
Dixie: then it's settled. One day we will get married.
Addison: I can't wait 🥺. Now I got to go I miss you and love you babe ❤️
Dixie: I love you Adds ❤️

I turn my phone off smiling like an idiot and flopping down onto my bed. I will marry this girl no matter what.

* * *

Addison POV

I called Dixie to come over since my mom would be out tonight and Dixie hasn't really spent any proper time at my place. I hear her knock on the door and I rush down the stairs. I open the door and wrap my arms around her immediately. She giggles and wraps her arms around me as she picks me up slightly and walks into my house. She closes the door and I smile.

I pull her in for a kiss that just turns into us just making out but I don't mind that at all. We break apart for air and I pull her to the couch.
"Do you want to watch a movie?" I ask and she nods her head smiling. I get snacks and drinks as Dixie picks the movie. I take a seat next to her and cuddle into her side. The movie she picked was jumanji: the next level. I laugh and shake my head as it starts.

We spent the next two hours watching the movie before it was already getting late.
"Hey do you want to take a bath together?" I ask taking her by surprise. I look at her face and it's goes red.
"Okay" she says softly and I giggle and her cuteness.
"Come on" I take her hand and we get up and head up the stairs. We walk into my room and I pull her into the bathroom. I let go of her hand to turn on the bath water. I add some bath bubbles and smile.

As the warm water was running I look over at Dixie who was nervously playing with her shirt.
"What's got you all nervous?" She sighs and shrugs her shoulders.
"Did you mean what you said the other day about marrying me?" I smile at her.
"Of course I meant it Dixie, I mean I know we can't get married now but in the future we can" the bath fills with warm water and I turn it off.

I lit some candles that was around the bath and turn around to look at Dixie. I slowly remove my top and Dixie gets the memo and removes her top too. We strip out of the rest of our clothes and I tie my hair in a messy bun. She does too and as I get into the warm water and I sigh as I sink into it. Dixie climbs in and smiles at me. I stare at my beautiful girlfriend and smile back.

I turn around and move my back towards her fitting into her legs as she wraps her arms around me and kisses my shoulder. I play with some bubbles in my hand and sigh happily.
"Addison?"
"Yeah?"
"What are we doing for the future?" I let the bubbles fall off my hand and sigh.

"I know I want to be with you Dixie"
"I know I want to be with you too but next year I leave for college and you are already in college. Would we do long distance?" I bite down onto my bottom lip.
"We could make it work" I say reassuring her.
"It's going to be hard not holding you" I giggle and lean more back into her.
"I know the feeling, being in your arms like this is all I want" she kisses the side of my head.

"After college when we both finish we can live with each other" I smile and take her hand.
"And build our future from there" I take some bubbles in my hand and turn my head around to look at her.
"No matter what Dixie I will alway love you" she smiles big at me.
"No matter what I love you Addison" I stare into her eyes and smile putting the bubbles on her face as she stares at me in shock.

I give her a quick kiss and giggle.
"You are so getting it" I try and move away but she garbs me and pulls me back to her as we both laugh our heads off.

We finished bathing before putting on some pjs. I head outside onto my balcony as I look over the beach, the sun was just setting. Dixie comes up behind me and wraps her arms around my waist and leans her head on my shoulder. I smile and close my eyes.