Attackers.

Y/N's POV.

2 weeks later...

Edith and I were packing up a truck full of supplies for the road to help out a small group named "The Fireflies" or something like that we picked up on our HAM Radios. Adrian and his father was helping too. Me and Adrian made amends after our little fight and agreed not to talk about dead relatives when we were around each other.

Adrian: "Hey, you think that group from last week will come back with more people than last time?" About a week ago, a group of ten guys came to our front gate and warned us if we don't give up some of our stuff, they'd be back with a small army and take everything.

Y/N: "I don't know. We'll have see if that guy was talking bullshit or if he was legit. If it turns out that they do come back with a small army, we'll be ready. This is possibly the strongest community in the world right now."

Adrian: "Dear god, I hope your right." Burke then walked up to us.

Burke: "How you kids doing?"

Adrian: "Everything's fine, pa."

Burke: "It better be, or else I'll whoop ya if you start mouthing off, you hear? Don't think I forgot what happened eight months ago with this boy." Adrian was looking down at the floor, ashamed at what his dad was telling him. "Am I clear, Adrian?"

Adrian: "Ye-Yes, sir." I guess I do feel kinda bad for this kid. Being berated by his own father like that.

Burke: "As for you Y/N, you can go back up to your family. Go spend time with them. We'll handle the rest." I get up and walked back to my house. I did the secret knock and I heard Clem say come in. I opened to door and saw A.J sitting on the floor and drawing a picture. I hung up my coat and kneeled down to A.J.

Y/N: "Hey, goofball. Whatcha drawing?"

Clem: "He's drawing a picture of me and you."

I looked down at the drawing and I saw a bunch of scribbles in different colors.

Y/N: "Is that a picture of us A.J?"

A.J then nodded and pointed at me and then Clem.

Clem: "Smart little guy, isn't he?"

Y/N: "He might become the first ever artist in the apocalypse."

Clem: "I could totally see that happening."

Y/N: "Hey goofball, can you say "Y/N?"

A.J didn't say anything.

Clem: "What about "Clem?" Go Cleeemm."

A.J still didn't say anything.

Y/N: "No matter I do, I just can't get him to talk. You would think he'd be start saying his first word by now." I Said as I say next to Clem on the bed.

Clem: "It's not you, don't be upset. He'll talk when he's ready."

Y/N: "I know it's not me, it's just that-." Suddenly, we heard a loud, multiple gunshots going off.