Ep2: The ties that bond

Y/N POV.

My head hurts. The hell happened? I sit up, coughing a little with my ears ringing and my vision slowly coming back. When my vision came back and my ears stoped ringing, I noticed that there was no more gunfire and I hear something coming up next to me. It's a walker crawling on the ground! I tried to reach for my pistol but someone shot it just as I got it out. I look up to see Javi.

Javi: "You Alright? We thought you were..."

Y/N: "Nope, don't have to bury me yet. What happened?"

Javi: "You didn't throw the bomb far enough. It sent you flying right into that pick up there." He said, checking my head.

Y/N: "Guess I need to work on my throwing arm."

Clem: "Looks like that's the last of-." She stops and looks at me like I'm a ghost. She then started to cry and march up to me.

Y/N: "You...okay?" I Said before she slapped me in the face, hard.

Clem: "Do I look okay?! You scared the shit out of me!"

Y/N: "Well I-." She puts a finger up to my lips.

Clem: "Don't say another word! You ever do anything like that again, I'll...I'll..." She then embraced me into a hug and I returned it. She then cries into my jacket.

Y/N: "Hey, Hey, it's alright. I'm still alive, you don't need to worry."

Clem: "I have to worry. Your the only person I have left to care about. And I can't lose that." She says as she snorts. I then rubbed her back to comfort her.

Y/N: "I would say a tough guy line, but it's a little cliche at this point." I Said as she chuckled a little. We let go of each other and look at Javi, who was mourning his dead niece. We go over to him and Clem puts a hand on his shoulder. "I'll...go dig a grave for her..."

Javi: "Thank you...Really..." I go to a shovel and went to find a spot to bury her in.

10 minutes later...

Javi and Clem come up the hill with Mariana's body. Me and Clem stand by as he put her lifeless body in the pit. He crawled back up and stood by the shovel and said.

Javi: "She was a such a sweet and innocent little girl...She, deserves much more than this! Fuck, this wasn't how it was supposed to end!" He said as he wipes off some tears. I started to feel emotional and sorry for the man. Having now to cope with the loss of his niece. Clem try's to comfort him, but he grabs the shovel.

Clem: "Javi, thanks for staying. If you had left, me and Y/N would both be dead. You saved us." Javi looks away in sadness and stabbed at the ground with the shovel.

Javi: "I should've left with them..."

Y/N: "No, Javi, We fought and we won. We slowed them down, for now..."

Javi: "And how long before they find us again?"

Y/N: "I don't know. Maybe they'll forget about us." I Said as Javi stabs at the ground again, about to fill up the pit. Before he did, he reached into his bag and pulled out her portable stereo. He goes into the pit and places it on her. "And leave the chocolate. You said she loved chocolate..." Javi pulled out the candy bar and places it on her as well. He crawls back up and began burying her body into the dirt.

Javi: "I'm...I'm so sorry I never took you to a candy bar factory..." He said trembling. "You needed so much more life..." He has the hole almost filled up. "You should be the one burying me. Somewhere nice..." He fills up the hole completely and throws out the shovel.

Y/N: "You did everything you could Javi. Don't let guilt kill you..." I Said. Before Javi could say anything, we heard groaning. We pull out our weapons and slowly sneak up on the non-expecting walker. We go up to it and it's pinned under some debris. Javi goes up to it and shoots it in the head with no hesitation. He noticed something on the neck of it and looked closer.

Clem: "Javi, What is it?"

Javi: "This guy has some sort of weird tattoo on his neck. Same with the other guys." I kneeled down next to him and saw it too. Oh shit...These guys...

Y/N: "Fuck me." I Said as I got up and put my hands behind my head.

Clem: "Is it who I think it is?" I nodded in response. She responded with a shock face and walks away with her arms crossed.

Javi: "Who are they?" He said as he got up. Clem turned to face him.

Clem: "They call themselves "The New Frontier." They used to be a good community...Now, not to sure anymore."

Y/N: "And That brand they have, it's some sort of initiation to enter their community."

Clem: "Me and Y/N were their prisoners. We managed to escape but now their after us. That's why we need a car to get the hell out of Virginia. Before they find us and do who knows what." She said. I also noticed that they left one of their cars behind. I go over to it.

Y/N: "We'll take you back to Prescott, make sure your family's is okay. After that, we're hitting the road."

Javi: "You two should stay. You'll be safer with us."

Clem: "Me and Y/N will talk it over. Let's just get back." We all got in the car and drove off back to Prescott.