Alternate flashback.

Flashback to one year ago...

Clem's POV.

Me and A.J we're sitting on a log by the fire while Y/N was crouching behind a stump, showing his hands with one hand holding Disco Broccoli and the other as a sock puppet.

Y/N: "And so...Disco Broccoli defeated the sock monster to gain his ultimate power to save the rest of his friends!" He said as he made Disco Broccoli hit the sock monster. A.J laughed and clapped his hands together as I laughed at the cheesy puppet show.

Kenny: "Alright Kids, puppet shows over." He said brings over some sticks for the fire and puts them in the pile. "You know, I took Duck to see The Muppets for the first time. He laughed his ass off at Foosye." He said smiling at his memory. Suddenly the fire went out. "Aw shit! Hey Clem, get the lighter out of the duffel will ya?" I got up off the log and went to grab the lighter out of the bag and went to Kenny. I kneeled down by the pit and sparked the lighter. Kenny put his hand over the flame so the wind didn't put it out and I ligt up the sticks in the pit, which made the fire start again. "Let there be light."

Y/N: "Hey! Get away from him!" We turned to see Y/N pull out his machete and ran towards walkers that approached A.J. He killed them and a few more appears behind me. I pick up a rock and ran at one to hit it in the head with the rock as Kenny knocked over the other one and stomped on his head. A.J cried loudly as Y/N picked him up and rocked him back and forth. "It's okay little guy. The monsters are gone now."

Clem: "Still not bitten, goofball." She said patting his back. Kenny came up to us with a big smile on his face.

Kenny: "You know, when I first saw you two hold A.J it just looked...natural." He looks up at the nights sky. "Somewhere up there, his momma and daddy is looking down on you. Grateful for what you been doing. Always putting him first."

Y/N: "You've been doing as much for A.J as we have. Rebecca and Alvin would be grateful for you too."

Kenny: "Yeah but you two are the only mommy and daddy that boy has." He goes over to the log and sits down and we join him. "Protective. Loving. Caring. All the good things a good parent needs to be and all at your age. But parenthood is one hellva motivator though. That's for sure."

Clem: "Its worth fighting for."

Kenny: "What I did to Carver, I did for both of you."

Y/N: "We know that." A.J then coughs. Must be getting a cold.

Kenny: "Ugh! Kids as sick of this cold as I am. So I've been thinking. It's no use surviving out here if Wellington ain't gonna let us in. I was thinking we could head down to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. My home. See if there's any nice folk. Maybe find you some kids your own age. And maybe a friend for this little goofball here." He said as we look at A.J, picking at his shoe. "Wouldn't that be nice? We sure could use the company. I know I could."

Clem: "A.J could use a friend his own age." Kenny nods in agreement and looks down at the floor.

Kenny: "I remember when you kids used to play with Duck back at the motel. Helped him forget about all this. For a while anyway. I'm sure it helped you too. Life don't mean much if you don't have anyone to relate to. Sarita used to say "family is what you make it." She was right." He smiles at both of us. "I'm sorry for all this sappy shit. I guess I'm just...happy. Happiest I've felt in a long time." I got up and hugged him.

Y/N: "We love you too, Kenny. We're a family. All of us." He said as A.J did a happy sounding scream.

Kenny: "Alright. Alright. Alright. Enough sap now, Kenny." He looks at A.J for a second. "How's this one, little man?" He said as he raised his hand made it into a puppet hand. "Kermit the frog here." He said with a bad Kermit voice. A.J laughed at the voice and we all shared one.

Clem: "We've all got each other. As long as we have that, we'll be okay."

😭😭😭😭😭

Y'all knew I wasn't gonna leave out this heartfelt moment in this season. Also, let's pretend that ONE Episode never happened and enjoy this 🤗🤗🤗