Chapter 4 : Let The War Begin Part 1

Jacob's POV

I am sitting in the cafeteria discussing about the football tryouts with Dasher as Dylan is on the basketball team. If you want to know who I sit with, that would be Dylan, Dasher, his girlfriend Sophia and her besties Mia and Emma. Though I really wish we wouldn't sit with Mia, that girl has been onto me practically since I set foot in this school. Maybe god has answered my wishes as she is nowhere in sight.

Someone taps my shoulders breaking my inner rant. After turning, I can think of only one thing- speak of the devil and they shall appear. But what I didn't expect was Mia getting down on one knee, holding a bouquet to me.

"You deserve the world and all the good things it has to offer. If I fail to find that world for you, I promise to give you mine! So, would you take me as your beloved?" Mia asks. What the actual f*ck?

I just stare at her dumbfounded. Everyone in the cafeteria is busy controlling their laughter, catcalling or are in awe.

"What the hell? Please get up!" I ask her, trying to control myself. Is this girl that desperate?

"You don't have to pretend that you don't like it. I know you get shy about these things, but you are allowed to like the things you like, what anyone else thinks doesn't matter." She reassures me. Has she lost her mind? Me and liking girly things or getting shy, hell no! Her words send a lot of people off laughing.

"Didn't think you like giving your balls to the girl Wilson. And Mia maybe you should court him." Drake Jhonson says before I can give Mia a piece of my mind.

The whole cafeteria bursts out in another fit of laughter. But after his comment, the only person I can focus on is Angelina. My stormy blue eyes meet her baby blues and it is evident from her expression that she conspired this. It was a huge mistake pretty girl. To convey the message, I glare at her. She just holds up two fingers smirking. Anne : 2, Jake : 0. The numbers are going to change pretty girl and with that promise, my glare becomes harsher. Let the war begin.

*****

"I just can't believe Anne would do something like that," Dasher says.
It has been three days since the incident and we are still telling people it is not true. After each person, my anger increases. The only good thing that has come from it is that Mia is avoiding me. But Dasher isn't that happy, as Sophia is also sitting with Mia and Emma at the cheerleaders' table.

"Dude, you talk like you have a crush on her," I snort.

"We all had at some point though I got over it and now I love my girlfriend very much." I didn't expect that.

"Really? So why doesn't she have a boyfriend?"

Now it is his turn to snort. "You have seen yourself that she is not exactly approachable, she once punched a kid on the football team 'cause he was saying inappropriate things. Even if you gather enough courage to talk to her, you then have Asher to face and let me tell you I haven't seen a more overprotective brother than him. That's why everyone considers her off limits. The only one she ever dated was Chris and even they decided they were better off as friends. But she never does anything after the incident maybe she really meant what she said in the parking lot." Wow she really is something else...Wait...

"She dated McCarthy?"

"Out of everything I said, that is the only thing you want to ask about. If anything, it seems like you are the one with a crush." He says, chuckling.

"As if I would ever date her." I roll my eyes "I am just curious how they can be so friendly if they dated once."

"As I said, they decided they were better off as friends and they were best friends before dating, so maybe they didn't want to ruin their friendship." I look over to the table across his shoulder and see her talking animatedly with McCarthy and I can't help but agree.