Chapter 20: Jealousy

Angelina's POV

Did you ever over-think so much that you felt you are losing your mind? The Saturday before the last one, I realized I like Jacob. Since then I keep trying to dissect our each conversation to figure out if he likes me. But most of the times I manage to stop myself as it would do more harm than good. As for Drew whenever I think I am going off the deep end, I try to clear my head of any thoughts. I do that mostly by busying myself with work and so far it has been working.

Apart from my over-thinking some other things have also happened. After Jacob cleared his differences with everyone both of our groups are coming closer. Now when we all see each other in the hallways we fall into friendly discussions instead of plotting against each other. Sometimes Chris goes to their table to sit with Dylan. And when Soph, Em and Mia go to the cheerleading table, the boys come and sit at our table. But that may be because of Dylan.

Rosie and Justin went on their date last Saturday and from the looks and smiles they exchange, I think it went well. As for my brother, I distracted him on Saturday. On the other days I see the longing look on his face sometimes, but he covers them well.

The boys got selected for the football team in positions they tried out for and practice for all the sports have begun as well. So most of my time is spent over cheerleading and studies. The basketball coach's offer is also looming over me but I have yet to talk to Mom and Dad about it.

Speaking of studies, after the schedules were out Jacob and I worked out when he can teach me. But since we both have other things to do as well, we try to meet in our common free periods. Like right now I am sitting in the library with Jacob as our study hall is going on and he is attempting to teach me.

"You should just give up on me. Everything you said just went over my head." I whisper yell, holding my head in my hands. I can tell he is getting annoyed but is trying to be patient.

"Look, enthalpy means energy. When you break a bond you need energy to do it which is known as bond enthalpy." He looks at me hopefully.

"Shouldn't energy be released?" I ask.

"I think the bond is stable that's why to break it you need to give it energy." I just give him a blank look.

"Think of it like this, a person who loves food is sleeping and you need to wake him. You would give him food to convince him to leave the bed not take the food he already has." He explains.

"So you gave food to break the bond between a foodie and his bed?" I ask.

"Yes" He confirms.

Ring...Ring...

"Freedom!" I exclaim.

"I didn't think I was such a bad tutor." He says teasing while putting his books together.

"You are a great tutor but I hate the subject." I say sheepishly giving him an apologetic look.

"Even if you hate it, you know you need it to graduate right?" He asks amused.

"That's why you are here, to make me at least pass." I say, giving him a wide grin to which he chuckles. After we collect our books we make our way out of the library towards the lockers.

"You say I am here to make you pass so what is the teacher here for?" Jacob asks.

"Don't remind me of him, he is so boring. I think half of the reason I hate the subject is because of him." I say groaning.

"That bad?" He asks raising his eyebrows.

"You are talking like you have never been taught by him."