Chapter 15 : Prank War And Cell phones

Angelina's POV

Sometimes you just want to fade in the background and watch the world around you. I am in that kind of mood today.

Leaning against my locker I just observe all my schoolmates. Some are huddled in groups taking to each other; some are at their lockers just like me. And then there are some who seem to be having a bad morning today.

A boy is frantically looking though his bag for something. He is very tense so maybe he forgot something important or it is just lost in his bag. A girl is chasing after a boy who seems to have taken something from her or maybe she is just mad at him.

Some kids are holding books and asking each other questions. Maybe they have a test today or maybe they just like studying in general.

I observe and make assumptions when I am bored but I never remember any assumption I made because I may be wrong. I don't even know most of them and even if I do I don't know them that well. Sometimes I even try to read what they are thinking by their expressions but of course I am not successful most of the times.

They can be happy about a million of things and sad, frustrated or angry about a million others. On top of that you don't even know if the expressions on their faces are actually what they are feeling. It maybe a mask for their true emotions!

Story short you can't assume what someone is going through so there is no use of trying to. Even if we know that we are still inclined to make assumptions but we can choose if we want to voice those thoughts. I choose not to.

"Hey!" I turn to see who it is and guess what I am blessed with the great Jacob Wilson's presence.

"Hello! What can do for you?" I say in a sickly sweet voice. I get even more sarcastic and get annoyed easily when I am in my introvert mood and he decides to annoy me today. Even my friends don't disturb me unless it's really important.

"Good to know you are enthusiastic to see me. I just wanted to tell you that it hurt a lot when you told me not to call back and even made Asher threaten me." He says mockingly putting a hand on his heart.

"That was you!"

"Yup, the one and only" He says grinning cheekily then adds "I successfully annoyed you which was the goal so another point to me." What if he just heard I was getting these calls yesterday and is lying about it?

"What proof do you have that it was you?"

"You keep hurting my feelings, it isn't nice." He says wiping his non - existent tears. Dramatic much?

"Stop being so dramatic and just prove it, I have better things to do."

"I had a feeling you may ask for proof so I came prepared." He takes out a phone and dials a number; my phone starts ringing. I check my phone and sure enough it was the same number. Then I look over to the phone in his hand and the number he was dialing is mine.

"Okay fine, but how did you even get my phone number?"

"That's for me to know and for you to never find out."

"Listen you dip..."

"Please stop! My poor ears can't bear such insults."

"You are acting like a kid on sugar high."

"Aren't we all kids at heart?" He says dramatically. I just raise an eyebrow.

"I heard a kid saying he knows you because you two worked on some project so I asked him to give me your number." He relents.

"Why was he even talking about me?" I ask confused.

"I think he and his friend were discussing about the cheerleading tryouts." My eyes widen, I forgot the results are today!