Chapter 23: Dad's Baby Girl

Angelina's POV

"Dad, Ash is not giving my phone back!" I whine, making a sad face. He chuckles and opens his arms for me to snuggle. I pout in annoyance making him stop chuckling, but I snuggle with him on the couch anyway.

"Ash give her, her phone back." Dad yells.

"I just wanted some phone numbers. I was going to return it to her anyway." Ash says entering the living room.

"You could have just asked me." I point out.

"Now where is the fun in that?" He teases making Dad laugh. When Dad sees me pouting again he stifles his laugh.

"You should not annoy your little sister." He tries to act stern, but even a kid can guess he is not serious at all.

"Great! You are mocking me too." I try to get up but Dad tightens his hold.

"Sorry, but it just seemed funny how you still act the same way you did, when you were a kid." Dad says. Ash goes and sits on the beanbag.

"Yeah I remember, I took her Barbie doll to mess with her and she started fake crying in front of you. But you believed her!" Ash says.

"I knew even then that she was acting but you were at fault too. And this sad face she makes has always been my weakness." Dad says bopping my nose. "And when are you going to fight your own battles young lady?"

"I can, but when you are already taking care of everything, why bother?" I say giving him a cheeky grin.

"I want you to become independent as well stay like my small baby girl. What am I going to do with you?" Dad asks, shaking his head.

"You don't need to worry about this one. The things that go inside her head even scare me." Ash snorts gesturing to me.

"What do you mean?" Dad asks confused. I shake my head slightly to indicate that he shouldn't tell Dad but he gives me a devilish smirk.

"You remember the accident that happened on the first day of school?" He asks. This boy will get us grounded for life.

"You two said that it was a mutual accident and both the parties apologized." Dad says tentatively. I give Ash another look but he just ignores me.

"Actually it was the guy's fault and he didn't apologize at that time. He even insulted us in front of everyone."

"And you are telling me this now? What is the name of that boy? Let me talk to his parents, all his attitude will escape him." Dad says angrily.

"You don't need to do that!" I exclaim.

"Why are you saying that? Will you just leave him like that?"

"Anne already put him in his place. You don't need to worry." Ash says.

"How?"

"She had punched and kneed him that day and pranked him later. There was a whole prank war which took place in the span of two weeks. And she won it." He explains.

"Snacks are ready!" Mom exclaims entering the living room with homemade French-fries and vegetarian sandwiches.

"Thanks darling," Dad says smiling at mom then exclaims turning to us "What prank war are you two talking about?"

"Prank war? Don't tell me you all are starting a prank war in this house." Mom asks pleadingly.

"No mom we are not." I say. I am going to kill Ash later.

"Apparently these two had a prank war with another guy in their school and we had no idea about it. Will anyone of you tell us what happened exactly?" Dad says, rubbing his face with his hand exasperated.