Chapter 24: Our Own Always

Angelina's POV

"You brought me to see a horror movie on our first date?" I ask hoping I heard him wrong.

"Yes" He answers grinning.

"If this is your master plan of wooing me then you seriously need some help." I say. This guy has officially lost his mind.

"Don't be such a spoilsport, the date has just begun." He says still grinning.

After eating my lunch early, just so I could get ready for this date properly, I went through my whole wardrobe and picked out my green velvet dress which stops just above my knee in five minutes. No, I did not take one hour to find the perfect dress, I always get a gut feeling and am able to pick a dress in five minutes at the maximum and no boy is going to change that. I only ate my lunch early because I wanted to curl my hair.

At exactly 3 O' clock Jacob arrived at the front door with a bouquet of tulips in his hand. I couldn't believe he remembered they are my favorite and hugged him tightly. We were separated by a loud cough from my Dad which was followed by a half an hour long talk between Dad and him and me doing a lot of pacing inside my room and praying that Dad doesn't kill him. I am just exaggerating; I just wished Dad would actually like him. After that talk when we finally got privacy inside his car, we got a good look at each other and it involved a lot of staring, compliments and flirting. He decided to go with a white collared T-shirt, a cream colored shirt over it and dark jeans. The moment we had reached inside the car, he removed all of the buttons of his T-shirt exposing his collarbone.

After that point till now, each one of my questions went unanswered. What did he and Dad talk about? Where are we going? If he would at least give me a hint? The guy had his mouth sealed shut. But we did talk about our favorite songs after I gave up and stopped asking him questions. We just listened to each other's favorite songs and sang them out loud whenever they matched or we both knew them. Surprisingly his voice was actually pretty nice and since so is mine it felt really amazing and we had a lot of fun.

Around thirty to forty-five minutes later, I am not sure since I didn't exactly keep track of every single minute; we pulled into a huge movie theater. I thought even if it's an over-used idea, a romantic movie sounds good but this guy got us horror movie tickets that too on purpose! How do I know he got them on purpose? The tickets were already booked and the tickets for the romantic movie are still being sold. And maybe he knew I would try to making him refund the tickets or something, since he decided to tell me which movie we are seeing after we got our tickets checked and bought the food.

"Fine, we can't waste the tickets anyway." I relent.

When the movie begins and those ghost characters finally come on the screen, I start laughing hard. The makeup in this movie is much worse than usual and even the usual makes me laugh. Jacob looks at me in a disbelieving way like he can't figure out what I am made out of.

"Are you seriously laughing in a horror movie?"

"Why are you looking at me like that? The makeup is so horrible; they look like clowns and look at that body hanging upside down with that creepy smile. If you look in the way I am looking at it, the girl is just having a bad hair day and her baby sister most probably thought it would be fun to do her make up while she is sleeping. And while chasing her baby sister she most probably got her ankle stuck somewhere. And that cloth ghost may be the baby sister hiding from her elder sister." My explanation makes him burst out laughing getting us dirty looks from the other people. Even the girl sitting next to me stopped getting scared and was controlling her giggles.

"Only you" He says as his chuckles subside.

"Why? Were you expecting me to be so scared that I hold onto you tightly and jump whenever there is even the slightest of scares? And then were you going to act like my knight in shining armor and get me through the whole movie making me think you are so brave?" I ask teasing but when I see him scratching the back of his neck, I realize that was exactly what he was expecting. Shaking my head, I remove the armrest and then grab his arm and put it around my shoulders.