Chapter 13 : Google Can Never Fail Me

Jacob's POV

I wake up to Mom pounding on my door.

"Jake! Honey! Wake up! You will be late for school!" Mom yells from the other side. F*cking school, it is a killer of sleep.

"I am awake!" I yell back. Maybe I can sleep again after she goes.

"Get ready and come downstairs for breakfast. I made your favorite pancakes today." She says before walking away. Now I am wide awake. She knew I will wake up if I get to eat pancakes. Clever move Mom.

One thing I love about my parents the most is that even if we are rich, they believe that we can do our basic chores on our own. The helpers only maintain the house since it is too big and when there are too many guests they help with the other things too. That maybe because they know how it is to live in an average household. Dad set up his construction company from scratch and worked hard to make it reach where it is today. Mom is an Interior designer so she runs the designing department in the company.

They want me to know the value of money so I don't even get whatever I want but I don't mind it at all. We have a if you need it you will get it policy and whatever you want on holidays and birthdays but there should be a limit.

I want to follow in their footsteps hence I take both science and business courses. I am interested in science so I am thinking of starting a company in that field and then making it as an extension of my Dad's main company after I stabilize it. I have not decided the specifics yet but I will do that soon.

Anyways now that I am awake no need to get detention. With that thought on my mind I go and freshen up. While showering I kept racking my brain for a good prank. I even tried to search one on the internet yesterday but most of them will damage her things, which is not the goal. We are just pranking to annoy each other so no need to destroy each other's belongings or the school property.

Since I got ready in record time I decide to try my hand again with the internet.

Dye their hair. Nah

Put glitter on their things. Nope

Call your victim every hour.... Too long to read

Exchange salt and sugar. No and I don't even know where she lives.

Guess Google failed me for the first time in my life. Well there is a first time for everything.

I make my way downstairs and then subsequently towards the dining room.

"Good morning Mom and Dad." I say the moment I enter and flop down on my chair looking at mom impatiently.

"Good morning honey! And don't give me that look; they will be ready in a few moments." She chuckles while Dad just grunts. He looks a bit annoyed.

"Dad, did something happen?" Mom bursts out laughing while Dad glares at her.

"Nothing" Dad says while simultaneously Mom says "He has been getting these calls which are annoying him."

"What calls?" Dad lets out a long sigh.

"Some company wants to sell me a policy. I said I don't want it but they keep calling once in a while. It's really annoying. I almost threw my phone." He explains.

"Can't you just block them?"

He shakes his head. "I can but it's of no use. They will find new numbers to call from. I at least right now know that they are calling from that specific number so I can just ignore them."

"That's clever." Then I remember about the prank I skipped. I will have to check it out after eating.

"Okay now, forget that company and eat these delicious pancakes!" Mom exclaims setting the pancakes on the table.