Chapter 26: Crazy Is The New Normal

Jacob's POV

After an unfortunate event that is to be never spoken of, I lost my confidence when it comes to girls. I feel I have moved on from it but the scars are still there. That's why even with Sunshine, it is hard for me to believe she actually likes me enough to not leave me high and dry.

Memories try to flood my brain but I push them back and concentrate on the task in hand and the beautiful girl in front of me. She has her eyebrows scrunched up and her soft heart shaped lips are in form of a slight pout. One of her hands is deep inside her silky auburn hair and with the other hand she is spinning her pen. She is staring at the textbook in front of her as if it is an alien. I am trying so hard to not laugh at her expression. Time to do some damage control before she burns holes though her textbook by glaring or literally burns it.

"When I can't even see them, why the hell do I have to learn about them?" She exclaims before I could open my mouth. We are studying about atoms, since that is the topic coming in her test.

Noah and Drake start snickering so I shut them up with a look. No need to rile her up even more. I rack my brain for an idea and being the smart person I am, I get one immediately.

"Do you see that table over there?" I ask her.

"Of course I do, I am not blind." She answers dryly. I ignore her harshness because I know she becomes rude whenever she is angry or frustrated and doesn't mean it.

"That is made up of a lot of atoms which are held together by the force in between them. So technically you are seeing a bunch of atoms." I say, trying to calm her down.

"It's no use whining to you. You always have an answer to all my points." She huffs.

"You are the first tutor who actually bothers to answer the rhetorical questions she uses to get out of studying." Asher says. He must have seen the confused look on my face. Sunshine glares at him most probably because he ratted out her secret.

"I don't want to study." She looks at me pleadingly.

Stay strong Jacob. I tell myself.

"We only have a topic left for your test. We can study other topics some other time." I relent.

"You mean to say that you were going to teach me more than what is coming in the test?" She asks incredulously.

"Yes?" I say, but it comes out more like a question.

"Let's just get this over with." She says, shaking her head.

"You want to study all the topics?" I ask confused. She was whining like a minute ago.

"No!" She shouts, then adds taking a deep breath "Only the one left for the test," I look over to see that no one is studying, instead they are laughing their asses off.

"You are like the best tutor for this one." Chris says between his laughs.

"Yes, we have been searching for one since more than four years." Rose says giggling. I don't even know if I should thank them...

"We should study now! We have to save time for hanging out later, right?" Sunshine exclaims.

Everyone stifles a laugh but gets back to what they were doing anyway.

So where were we? Oh right, atoms...

*****

"Bowling first!"

"No laser tag!"

"Gaming arena!"

"I am hungry, can we eat first?"