Chapter 21: Anything For You

Angelina's POV

"You can't out run me! I am faster than you!" I yell running even faster.

"Angel, watch out!" Drew yells after a few moments. Before I can realize what is happening, I trip over a tree branch.

"Angel!" I hear Drew's panicked voice from behind me. But the pain is too much for me to say anything. I notice that I have hurt my knee and blood is flowing out. I try to hold back my tears.

"Oh no!" Drew says the moment he reaches me. He squats down to inspect the wound.

"I will go and call our moms, stay here." He says. I see that we have come too far from our moms and they are at the opposite end of the park.

"Please don't leave me." I say scared.

"But..."

"Please" My voice cracks.

He bites his lip and makes his thinking face. He then takes out his bottle which he always keeps with him.

"This may hurt a bit." He pours some water on the wound and cleans it. Then he takes out his handkerchief, folds it in half to make a triangle and ties it around my knee.

"Can you stand up?" He asks tentatively. When I try to stand up, my left knee which is injured pains a lot. He puts an arm around me saving me from falling down the second time. He then shifts my weight on himself such that less pressure falls on my left foot.

I half walk and half drag myself while Drew helps me. It pains a bit but I didn't want to stay alone. When we reach halfway across the park, our moms see us and frantically rush towards us.

"Oh my god! Sweetie come here, how did it happen? Is it paining too much?" They take me to the nearest swings and make me sit down.

"It's paining a bit but not too much. Drew washed the wound."

"You are such a smart boy." My mom says fondly cupping his face. He smiles shyly, fidgeting with his hands. My mom first inspects the wound herself then goes to call Ash from where he is playing with his friends. Drew's mom goes to get the first-aid kit from the car. I motion for Drew to come near me. I don't know what came over me but I lean over and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you" I say as we both start blushing.

"Anything for you" He says.

When I wake up, half of the dream is gone in a blink but I could recognize it as an incident that took place in first grade. Even if the dream is gone, the ache it brought didn't.

I just wanted a nap before getting ready for the party. But little did I know that the memories that I shoved deep inside my mind, would find a way into my dreams. Over these years I have mastered one thing, clearing my head of thoughts by shoving them into the corner of my mind. So after doing the same with the memories of Drew, I look at my clock. It reads 3:59 PM, that means...

Ring...Ring...

I switch off the alarm that I set for starting to get ready for the party. Noah is going to pick me up at 7 O' clock. It seems that even if we all are going to the same destination, we have to go in different cars. But I don't mind since I have never spent quality time with any of the triplets.

My eyes fall on the dress I bought yesterday when the triplets took us girls to buy a dress. Even if we resisted, they bought them for us since I quote 'We got stuck in this because of them.' Emma already had a dress so she and Jacob didn't come with us.