Chapter 12 : Clubs And Cheerleading Tryouts

Read the Author's Note at the end of this chapter.

*****

Jacob's POV

5 minutes to go
.
.
"Now integrate this equation on both sides."
.
.
4 minutes to go
.
.
"Then take x to..." I tune him out totally. How can someone solve these equations for more than 1 hour?! I am really good at calculus but that doesn't mean I will keep solving equations continuously.
.
.
2 minutes to go
.
.
Don't they know that for productive learning we should study in short intervals of time with short breaks between them?
.
.
30 seconds to go
.
.
I hope they have pizza today.
.
.
10 seconds to go
.
.
Freedom here I come!
.
3
2
1
.
Ring...

Half of the people in the class including me are already out before the teacher could even utter the word homework.

"I guess there is no homework for you all today." I hear him say under his breath.

I stifle a laugh and get out of there before he can change his mind. When I stop at my locker I notice Anne passing by and sigh. At the starting of the class I was contemplating apologizing. Though the look she sent me when we accidentally made eye contact was enough to chicken me out.

She is talking to her friends at her own locker. I really wish I could make things right. That night when we talked it felt really good but like the fool I am, I ruined it.

Man up and apologize to her!

But she hates me!

At least try you idiot!

She will punch me before I can even speak and if not her then one of her friends.

Suit yourself.

I sigh and decide to go to the cafeteria. Maybe after lunch when she is in a good mood I can apologize.

"Hey Wilson wait up!" I turn to see a boy whom I have never met before making his way towards me. Am I that famous?

"Hey..." I finish awkwardly since I don't know his name.

"Adrian, I am the in - charge of Astronomy club." Okay but I never asked...

"Oh hello Adrian, nice to meet you." I say not being able to think of anything else.

"I heard you are interested in our club so I approached you to give the details." Wait what?

"And I also heard you are interested in the literature, math and computer club as well. It's really great that someone is willing to join so many clubs, you must be really interested in learning different things..." He drones on but I can only think that I never told anyone I am interested in any club.

"Hey can I ask how you got to know?"

"Rosie is always kind enough to tell us names of people who are interested. She is a sweetheart." I notice the three girls glancing in our direction and giggling. So she decided to retaliate. Guess apologizing is out of the window now. I can only save myself and my reputation from her now.

"Is there any problem?"

"Actually I was discussing about them with her in passing. Later I realized that I am interested in too many clubs when I checked the whole list. So I decided to take community service so I can help all of the clubs. She doesn't know about that yet so sorry." Joining one club doesn't matter and it will give me some popularity boost among the less social ones as well. And helping the community is just the bonus.

"Oh that's alright! It's really kind of you to join community service just so that you can help all the clubs." Adrian says beaming. Seems like it was a good move.