Chapter 5 : Let The War Begin Part 2

Angelina's POV

Currently, we are at the basketball court since the tryouts are about to start. Rosie, Katie, Justin and Noah are sitting on the bleachers and I am with Ash and Chris. Drake had some things to do so he said would come after us. As for Ash, I am so proud he got made the captain. He really deserves it.

"All the best brother dearest; I really hope you get the best team to lead," I say, hugging him.

"Hey, don't go all soft on me," He teases and I hit him.

"Okay now stop, won't want our captain to get injured even before the tryouts," Chris says, chuckling.

"All the best to you too, do well," I say, hugging him as well.

"Thanks," He says, before going towards the locker room with Ash.

"Hey Tiger!" Drake calls, before rushing towards me. Why is he so worked up?

"What happened? And why are you grumpier than usual?" I joke.

"Haha, very funny," He says, giving me the stink eyes. "Forget that, I have to tell you something really important."

I raise an eyebrow asking him to continue.

"Someone spread a message that there is a party at your place to celebrate the fact that Asher got made captain. Guess who?"

That asshole! I search for him in bleachers. I mean his friend is also trying out, so he must have the decency to at least show up and cheer for his friend.

When I find him, his head is turned away from me, but that doesn't stop me from glaring. He must have felt it as he turns and his familiar stormy blue eyes meet my baby blues but that doesn't stop me from glaring.

He just smirks and holds a finger up. Jake: 1, Anne: 2. Is that so? Well I will show him who the queen here is. I send him a mocking smile and shake my head then sign wait and watch. Just wait and watch how I turn the tables on you. Let the war begin.

Just then the tryouts begin so I flash Ash and Chris a smile and follow Drake to the bleachers.

When we sit on the bleachers Drake turns to me.

"What was it with the staring and signs?"

"He spread the message." Is all I say.

"How do you know?"

"I just know" Just then Chris throws a 3 - pointer and we all cheer for him.

Then Justin comes and sits beside me. "What happened just before the tryouts started? And don't even try to say that it was nothing. I saw you two speaking tensely and your staring match with Wilson after that."

"Of course you saw." I mutter. He gives me a look.

"He spread a message that there is a party at my place celebrating the fact that Ash got made team captain." I sigh.

"That jerk." He balls his fists.

"I was thinking maybe we should really organize a party. I mean Ash got made captain and I am really proud of him, he deserved it. And it would also turn the tables on Jacob. But the problem is our parents would not allow us to throw a party even if they may let us go to one." I confess.

"Well it's a great idea and as for where to conduct the party, we can do it at our place. It can hold everyone as well. We can always say that we wanted to invite more people to not only celebrate Asher but the whole new basketball team." He smiles.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I say hugging him. He just blushes.

"Why are you so excited?" Katie asks from behind me.