Chapter 16 : Truce

Jacob's POV

I think we can achieve anything if we believe in ourselves. Because if we don't believe in ourselves or don't want to do something even god can't help us.

That's why when I saw Anne freaking out; my sole goal was to make her gain her confidence back. And I think I was successful since till the time the results came out she didn't have a freak out session, at least in the classes she has with me.

Now when I see her beyond excited I can't help but grin at her and mouth 'I told you' and to my surprise she rolls her eyes but returns it. Not wanting to ruin her moment, I start making my way towards the cafeteria when I get a message.

Voldemort: The results are out!

Jacob: I thought you died! And why are you messaging me?

Voldemort: What the hell are you talking about man? I am messaging you because I am stuck in Economics class since our teacher decided to teach even after the bell rung. So check out the results and tell me.

Jacob: Sh*t! Sorry man, someone changed your name to Voldemort in my phone.

Dasher: The f*ck! Tell me about it later.

I check my phone and all my recent contacts have been changed to Harry Potter character names. What the actual f*ck?

I put the phone in my pocket deciding to deal with it later.

Jingle bells, jingle bells
Voldy go away.
Golden trio is the best,
Hogwarts all the way.

I look around to see who has such a childish ringtone but I find all eyes on me. That’s when I realize it's my phone. The students passing by are either laughing at me or giving me weird looks.

Jingle bells, jingle bells
Umbridge go away.
Draco is hot,
Hogwarts all the way.

I take out my phone quickly and look at the caller ID.

Bellatrix Lestrange calling....

Fuck my life

"Hello" I ask tentatively.

"Hello, sorry I called you during school hours but it was important." Mom's voice comes from the other end.

"No problem Mom, what is it?"

"Your Dad and I have to go to an important party so we won't be home today. Money is on the kitchen counter so order something or eat out. We just found out about it so we couldn't tell you earlier and we have to leave now so we can't take you with us."

"It's ok, I will be fine. Enjoy with Dad."

"Thank you for understanding. Love you honey."

"Love you too Mom."

There is a message so I open it.

Harry Potter: Where are you?

Jacob: Who is this?

Harry Potter: It's me, Dylan. Have still not saved my number? I thought we were friends!

Jacob: Stop being dramatic. Someone tampered with my phone and changed my contact names and ringtones. I am on my way to cafeteria.

Dylan: Oh ok.

When I finally reach the cafeteria, I take my food and make my way to our table and see that even Dasher reached before me.

"What was all that about?" Dasher asks the moment I sit down. Today the girls are sitting at the cheerleading table again. At least it will save me from some embarrassment.