Kabanata 42

This chapter consists of flashbacks

TREY

I WAS DOOMED to discover what I've missed for my entire life. Having a simple life becomes a disaster to someone, Trevor, who gave his whole life for Del Valle. I brush my hair in exasperation and growled in frustration, I punched the mirror in front of me. Bloodstream down on my fist and I intently stared at myself.

How could it be? How could my mama keep everything to me? I was too old for this drama but fuck! My life was just a lie, they make me believe that I'm living with a perfect family but it's a fucking no, hell no! It wasn't supposedly my life.

"What brings you here?" he asked and widely open the door. I make a way inside his place and make myself comfortable in Jay's condo, where he used to live for the meantime. Alam kong ayaw niya ako makita but I want to make clear things between us.

"I want to talk to you."

"For what?" he said, irritably.

"Can I have a seat first?" I asked and he nods. We sat on the opposite side and he was staring at me intently. I mock at his reaction.

"Nandito ka lang ba para insultuhin ako?" inis na tanong ni Trevor na agad kong kinailing sa kaniya. Now, I understand why he treated me in a different way. We used to be good to each other, we have the same taste and bonding—but when he found out the truth, he suddenly changed for worse. And I can't blame him, if I were in his place, maybe I'll feel the same thing.

Who would not be angry if you already gave and sacrifice your whole life, forget all your dreams and lose yourself, but not enough to please the person you dedicated your entire life with?

"No, I'm here to have a deal with you."

"Deal? Wow! Hindi ka lumaki sa puder nila pero mukhang taglay mo pagiging negosyante ng mga Del Valle," sarkastiko niyang sagot at tipid akong napangiti sa kaniya. Maybe he's right, but if he will ask me if I want to be a Del Valle, I didn't want to engaged in that family, knowing how he was treated by his father and what he gets for his whole family, I couldn't stand with it. I'm too lucky for being a son outside the marriage and have a simple life with my oh so perfect family. It is acceptable rather than living in a mansion but no one was there for you. At aaminin ko, mas malakas at matatag si Trevor kung ikukumpara sa akin.

"I'm serious, Trevor. We are no longer a kid for this, and besides, it is not just for the two of us. Let's fix it for Lei and the child in her womb," I said and stare at him seriously. If it's not because of her, I won't be here, sitting in front of him and thinking how we can fix everything.

"So, what's the catch?"

I smiled when I caught his interest. He was no other than Trevor Del Valle. It was hard to caught his attention in any aspects but when it comes to Lei, his ears become bigger.

"Simple lang, I won't let her died because of Del Valle's code."

He already mentioned Del Valle's code way back in our college days and I can't forget it because it was something impossible to happen, but looking at his condition, now I believe in him.

"Do you still remember?" gulat niyang tanong na ikinangiti kong muli sa kaniya.

"We used to be friends, right?" He clicked his tongue and shook his head in disbelief.

"Go straight forward, Trey. What do you want?" he solemnly asked.

"If they found out the truth, she will die with a child. Tama ba ako?"

Tumango siya sa akin at alam kong hirap din siya na isipin kung paano ito malulusutan.

"Do you have any plans for it?" curious kong tanong sa kaniya. Gusto ko munang malaman kung may balak ba siyang gawin o hahayaan na lang niyang masakripisyo ang buhay ni Lei at ng bata, dahil kung oo, I will definitely kill him right away.