chapter 6

"I can't believe it. Serpentine?" Morro said. The ninja were hiding away in Jamonacai village.

"Wait a second, wasn't Nya here?" Jay asked.
"Ahh! I completely forgot about my sister!" Kai said. Just then Nya jumped down from a roof into their hiding spot.
"Nya! You're safe!" Kai said.
"Barely! They've hypnotized everyone in town!" Nya told them.
"Mind control. How is this possible?" Jay asked.

"They're the Hypnobrai. One of the five tribes of the serpentine. That's their special power." Morro informed.
"How do we beat them?" Cole asked.
"When you hear them rattle their tails, don't look them in the eyes. That's how they get you." Nya said
"Well, what are we supposed to do?" Jay asked.
"We can't use our weapons and now we have to fight with our eyes closed?!"

"Well, I can..." Morro said waving his hands.
"Oh, that's right. Morro has his elemental powers and can control it well." Zane pointed out.
"Right. Uh, Nya? Did you find anything that could help us?" Morro asked.
"The snake with the staff is the general. He's in charge. If we can get the staff, it holds the anti-venom, so we can cure the town!" Nya said.

"OK, forget the green ninja thing for a while. Let's makes sensei proud." Kai said.
"The four of us! Oh, and Morro."
Morro gave a small thumbs up.
"You guys take care of the serpentine. I wanna deal with Lloyd." He said.
"Now you're talking! Let's go!" Cole said.
"Oh, and Nya? You can be our honorary member." Jay said.
"Gee, thanks" Nya said back.

The ninja hoped from roof to roof until they got to the center of the village.
The most populated area of villagers and snakes. Jumping down from the house, a few serpentine snuck up on kai.
"You wanna play? How 'bout a little spinjitzu!? Ninja-go!!" Kai started to spin, creating a little red and orange tornado around him. He got a few hits in, but not enough to knock one down. Growing dizzy, kai flopped onto the ground.

"Ok, we're really out of shape." Jay said face palming.
"No kidding. You guys need to work on that." Morro said jumping past him.

Kai quickly got up to punched two hypnobrai away from him.
"Ahh, consider this a warning ninja!
Muhuhahahahaha!" Lloyd yelled while running away with a barrel of candy.
"You're not getting away that easily!" Morro said chasing after him.
Zane threw his shuriken at the wheels of the barrel, causing Lloyd to trip over and fall.
"Ah! My candy!" Lloyd exclaimed.
"Thanks Zane!" Morro waved at him.
"No problem!" Zane waved back.

Morro jumped and landed in front of Lloyd, taking the shuriken and tossing them back to Zane.
"What a mess." Morro said looking down at Lloyd.
"Uhh, retreat!" Lloyd yelled.

"Retreat!" The serpentine general yelled back. Lloyd got up and started to run away.
"Not you!" Morro said picking Lloyd up with his wind.
"Woah, woah! Hey! Put me down!" Lloyd screamed.
"Not a chance kid!" Morro said back.
"Who even are you anyway?!" Lloyd yelled. Those words echoed in Morro's head.

"Wh- what do you mean? Who am I?!
Lloyd! I- I'm your older cousin! I think of you as a little brother!" Morro said pulling his hood off. He felt emotionally hurt by those words.
Did Lloyd forget about him?

"Wah!!" Lloyd pushed Morro over from the back and started to run away.

"Hehehe!" Lloyd laughed while running. Morro flopped to the ground in defeat.
"Morro! What happened?! Are you okay?" Jay rushed over to Morro.
"Did you get the staff?" Morro said weakly.
"Yep! You see Cole has it! Wait what is he doing?" Jay pointed to Cole.
Started to walk away with the staff.
"Cole! You have the anti-venom!" Nya shouted at him.
"By golly you're right!" Cole said realizing he was holding it.

"Quick! The fountain!" Nya pointed.
"Good idea!" Cole said running up the fountain. He placed it in the center, causing a light blue mist to run along the water. It cured the villagers of mind control.

"That's good...." Morro said lowering his head on the ground.
"What happened to him?" Kai asked walking over to Jay and Morro.

"I honestly don't know" Jay replied.
Sense Wu walked up the the ninja.
"Sensei? How did you get here?" Zane questioned.

"Never mind that, what happened to Morro?" Sensei asked.
"We don't know!" They all said simultaneously. Kai walked over to grab the staff from the fountain.
He sighed.

"We're sorry sensei. If we dealt with Lloyd before he became a problem, this wouldn't have happened." Kai said handing the staff to Sensei Wu.
"Even lessons learned the hard way, are lessons learned. I fear a great evil was been released onto Ninjago." Sensei Wu said.
"This is only the beginning."

"Then we will train and be ready for the serpentine." Zane said.
"It may not be Lord Garmadon, but that doesn't mean we won't bring our a-game!" Cole said.
"Help us train, help us realize our potential." Kai asked.
"Yah that's if Morro can wake up. He kinda passed out for some reason." Jay said.
"But teach us the secrets behind the weapons of spinjitzu."

Sensei Wu nodded.
"There is much to teach. Come! We must return to the Monastery."
Nya headed toward Morro.
"We should get him back the the monastery first." Nya said poking Morro.

"Okay. Dibs out! I'm not bringing him back on my dragon!" Kai said running back.
"Nope not me!" Cole ran too, and Jay followed.
"I guess I'm volunteering." Zane said picking Morro up and carrying him to his dragon.

Nya sighed.
"When do I get my own dragon?"
She looked down.
"Patience Nya. Your time will come." Sensei Wu reassured her.

-meanwhile (I'm laughing at that for some reason)-

Lloyd was moaning like a little kid.
(well, he is one)
"Candy... I need candy!!" He spoke.
While he was being a brat in the corner, Skales was talking to another hypnobrai.
"I still have to key to defeat the ninja. And when I do that, everyone will see that it is I who should be in control."

Cole blinked his eyes. They were shifting from dark brown to bright red every blink. The ninja didn't know it, but one of their own will be put against them. 

Well hi. This is fun to write. Also I made a design for Morro. I can't draw Lego's so I drew him as a person instead. If you have any ideas to change his outfit I'd be happy to receive feed back.

 If you have any ideas to change his outfit I'd be happy to receive feed back

Iitekimasu