chapter 22

In a pyramid wide out in the middle of a desert, the Serpentine were inside, searching for the second fandblade. Entering a long hallway, Pythor came to a stop.

"Ugh. Why musssst we sssstop if the next Fangblade is just ahead of ussss?" Skales, who was looking at the map questioned. Pythor took his staff and his the ground, making the path ahead crumble down.

"What good is unlocking the Great Devourer with the four Fangblades, if we're not around to see it? Get the boy!" Pythor shouted.
"Bring the boy!" Skales repeated.

Two serpentine approached the front with Lloyd tuned up in chains. They unlocked the chains and Lloyd stepped forward.

"Oh, you're letting me go?" Lloyd asked.
"Heh, only to fetch, my dear boy. Do step lightly." Pythor lead Lloyd to the edge for him to go ahead.

Lloyd clung to the wall when he reached a small gap. Jumping on the the next platform, it broke off and almost lead Lloyd to his death. Lloyd, however, still made it across the pit.

"Bring me the Fangblade, and I'll let you go." Pythor said.
"Oh..." Lloyd sighed then continued walking.

Reaching a part in the hall where the floor fell after he stepped on that area, Lloyd had to run fast, tripping at the end of it.

"Woahh!!!" Lloyd yelled. The ceiling was slowing moving down with spikes on it. Lloyd ducked down. Thankfully, the ceiling didn't lower all the way down. Lloyd crawled out of the passage way. Stepping on a trapped tile, arrows shot at him from every direction. It was a miracle he wasn't shot.

Almost at the end, Lloyd leaned on a pole to regain his breath, but in doing so, he knocked down said staff and the ceiling fell right being Lloyd. Man did this kid go through a lot.

Finally, Lloyd reached the room with a pedestal and a single ray of light shining on it.

Walking up to it, there was no fangblade what so ever on that pedestal.

"It's gooooooone!" Lloyd yelled.
"It's gone?" Pythor repeated.
"Where is it?!" Skales asked.
"Do I still get to be freed?" Lloyd asked.
"NO!" Pythor yelled furiously.
"Aaaww!" Lloyd lowered his head.

-on the bounty-

The bridge was showing a 3d hollow gram of a fangblade.
"Though they got the first one, their are three more, and we just need one to stop Pythor!" Nya said.
"They have a map and we don't. So the question remains, how are we gonna find them first?"

"Hah... I still can't get over the fact that your the mysterious samurai." Jay said approaching Nya.
"Is anyone else blown away like I am?"
"Drop it Jay. Or get it in you head. We have a new goal right now! One that actually matters." Morro said.
"Yeah, besides Jay, we're over that. Can we move on?" Kai said with a slightly angered tone.

"Oh, ho, ho ho? Some people are a little hot under the collar!" Jay teased.
"I can understand Morro's impatience, however, it appears kai's impatience is because he has not found inner peace and unlocked his full potential like Morro, Jay and I have." Zane stated.

"Great observation Mr. Roboto, but Cole hasn't found his either!" Kai said with much attitude.
"I got it!" Cole sprung up.
"You've unlocked it?! Oh, why am I the only one!!" Kai shouted waving his hands in the air.

"No! I figured out where I recognize the fangblade from!" Cole ran out of the room.
"I have a picture of it!"
"Oh, is that it? Heh, good." Kai felt relived.

"I got it!" Cole ran back in the room holding a book. He series it down on the table and opened to a page with a trophy on it.
"That's it!" Jay snatched it to look at the picture.
"Back where I grew up, there's this big competition, where every year the winner gets the blade cup!" Cole explained while the others observed the picture.