chapter 26

Nightfall over Ninjago came and darkened the sky. In the depths of Ninjago city, a single serpentine was on the run.

From out the fog, Zane emerged carrying his golden shurikens of ice. Zane stuck them in the ground and the terrain around got covered in a sheet of ice.

The serpentine turned away to run, when the nearest landline lit up with electricity. From out the lighting came Jay, who dawned his nunchucks in his hand and conducted electricity towards the serpentine.

He ran away from the two ninja, and past an alleyway. But in front of the pass, Morro dropped down from the sky. Morro turned his glider into a staff and used it to direct his wind at the serpentine.

Having no where else to run with the three ninja surrounding him, the serpentine fled into the alleyway. Zane, Jay and Morro closed in on him. The serpentine tripped over some small crates and found Kai walking out from a fire slashing his golden sword in the air.

The serpentine turned around to keep running but ran into Cole and fell onto the ground.
"Going somewhere?" Cole said as the others closed in.

All the ninja held their weapons to the serpentine. There was no escape for him.
"Uh-oh." He said.

"Thought you could joyride through town and not be notice, huh? Where's the last fangblade?!" Jay shouted.
"Uh... I don't know what your talking about!" The serpentine replied.

"You know what it is! The fourth fangblade!" Kai pointed his sword closer.
"When pythor finds them all, he plans to unleash the great devourer!"

"Oh, that fangblade! Haha, you're too late! Pythor's already there now. He's probably digging it up already!" The serpentine. The ninja exchanged looks.

"If I were you, I'd start preparing for the worst, because when the great devourer is awakened, there will be nothing it won't consume!" The serpentine shouted.

"Something tell me, you're not that bright." Morro said.
"Won't that mean it'll consume you too?" Zane asked.
The serpentine flinched.

"Ah! Please you have to stop him! That snake is crazy! I don't wanna unleash the great devourer! I'm a snake not food!" The serpentine pleaded.

"Is it really too late to stop Pythor from getting the last fangblade?" Kai asked.
"You're days behind him. There's gotta be something else you can do!!" The serpentine cried. The ninja looked at each other. Well, okay...

Back on the bounty, everyone was in the bridge discussing plans.
"The venomari's right!" Nya said gazing at the large computer.

"By the time we cast sail, clear across the other side of Ninjago, Pythor will have already beat us to the last fangblade." She said.

"Oh, come on guys! This is the last one! We gotta get it! We gotta think of something!" Jay said.
"Hey." Lloyd said. The attention was on Lloyd.
"All we have to do is just get one fangblade to stop him. What if we take back the other three?" Lloyd suggested.

"Pythor wouldn't risk having them all on him. He's probably hidden them somewhere, while he goes for the fourth."
"Great plan bro." Morro said.
"It's so simple." Cole said.
"Why didn't I think of that?"" Kai said.

"It can't be that easy." Jay said.
"Easy? My algorithms suggest taking the other three would be far more dangerous." Zane said.
"Pythor would undoubtedly have them protected by his top generals." Zane finished.

"Heh, finally, I don't have to hold back!" Kai exclaimed.
"Maybe it would be more of a stealth mission. But by experience, stealth may not be the way to go." Morro implied.