chapter 9

"Hold on, Cole was hypnotized?!" Morro nearly fell out of his bed. Ever since they found the bounty, the ninja were talking none stop.
"Yeah! He almost knocked us off of the whole structure!" Jay pointed at Cole.
"Hey, it wasn't my fault! I was being controlled!" Cole argued.
"Haha! I was right! There was something off! I saw your eyes glowing red!" Morro said excitedly.
"Wait, you knew?! Why didn't you tell us?!" Kai pushed Morro.
"Ha... Well, I guess I just keep things to myself." Morro said putting his hands on his neck.
"Again, secrets should never be kept!" Zane said.

A few more hours of conversing, all five of them were passed out. Morning came and sensei Wu walked in the room banging a gong.
"Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you!" Sensei yelled. The ninja groaned as Sensei Wu continued to bang.
"In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity!" Sensei continued.

"Okay, okay, were up!" Kai moaned.
"But if you want us to reach our full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?" Kai tried to open the blinds, but they just fell.
"You call that rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress!" Cole said stretching.
"Morro, dude it's morning." Kai said shacking Morro awake.

"What?! I-- waaahh!" Morro fell off his bed.
"Ahhh, we were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have headquarters I guess we lost track of time!" Jay said going to brush his teeth. Dust came out of the spout.

"Since the serpentine burnt down the monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our hea-- ack! Pfft!" Jay just noticing, spat out what he just put in his mouth. Morro patted the side if the room and dust flew everywhere.
"This place is one big mess!" Morro said.

"What is our lesson today sensei?" Zane asked. Morro walked up to him.
"I don't think we're --"

"Mastering the strike of the scorpion?" Zane cut off Morro.
"Or perhaps the great- woah!" The floor under Zane broke. Sensei Wu looked around.
"I think today's lesson will be chores." He said.

"Chores?!" The ninja said.
"Ninja fight sensei, they don't clean!" Cole protested.
"Think about it this way! We can upgrade this place to be better than I was before!" Morro ran in front of them.

"Correct! In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home, and where we are from! And this is place is far from becoming a ninja headquarters. I expect things to be spotless when I return." Sensei walked over to the door.
"And put your backs into it!" He left with one last gong.

Cole helped Zane out of the floor. Kai sighed.
"Ahh, this place is gonna take forever to clean and fix up!" He said.
"Ugh, that's was I was thinking, but now?" Morro handed them all their golden weapons.
"We'll put more than our backs into it!" Jay said raising his nun-chucks.

-cut to montage of them cleaning. I don't wanna write that, so you just imagine it okay? -

Sensei Wu and Nya had returned from their last outgoing to see all the ninja playing video games.
"What took you so long?" Kai bragged.
"We waited for ever after we finished!" Morro said.

"Wow! This place looks... Amazing!" Nya exclaimed.
"You guys did all this?"
"Ninja didn't just fight Nya, they clean!" Cole said turning away from the screen.
"Oh? You have exceeded my expectations! But can you keep it up?" Sensei asked.

Nya herd faint honking from outside. She looked out and saw a car swirling its way towards the bounty.
"It looks like we're about to have some visitors! And loud one at that!" Nya said.

"Ahh no, it's my parents!" Jay said.
"What's so wrong about that?" Morro asked.
"Please if they start yappin' just don't get them going okay? They don't know when to quit!" Jay said.
Everyone turned to Jay.
"And if you start talking, then they'll start talking and suddenly half the day is gone before you know it!" Jay continued.
"And it's not tha-"

"We get it! They talk a lot!" Kai interrupted Jay's banter.
"The cherry doesn't fall far from its blossom." Kai whispered loudly. Morro snickered.

The ninja all went out to greet Jay's parents.
"He-hey! Moooom! Daaaaad! What are you doing here?" Jay asked with the littlest hint if annoyance.
"Oh look! It's my baby boy!! It's been so long since we've heard from you!" Edna exclaimed.

"Ma! I called you two days ago!" Jay said. Morro was trying not to burst out in laughter.
"Well, it's not soon enough son! Say, uh, when are ya coming out to the junk yard? Y-uh you say you're coming an-and ya don't!" Ed said.

"Daaad! Do we have to talk about the junkyard in front of my friends?" Jay tried to get them to stop talking.
"He hates it when we tell people he was born in a junkyard!" Edna said.
Kai had a big smirk on his face and Morro was trying harder than ever to stop laughing.

"Ohh! And who are you? You are so cute! Oh, you're just my son's type!" Edna said, greeting Nya.
"Moooom!" Jay signaled them them to story, but his parents kept going.
"It's a pleasure meeting you! I'm sure if you want, Jay can give you a tour! He worked very hard on it!" Nya said

Jay wasn't happy with this visit.
"We'd love a tour!" Jay parents exclaimed. Morro turned to Kai.
"I- I think this is- the, the best thing that has happened!" Morro said trembling.
"Haha! Yeah! Couldn't agree more!" Kai laughed.
Jay sighed as he was ready to take his parents on the worst tour he's about to do.