chapter 21

Jay and Nya have just arrived at their destination. The two were at a restaurant with giant servings in front of them.
"Yeah, even when I was young, it was clear I was born and bred for adventure." Jay was saying.
"I was the first one to get my knot badge in 'Lil Scouts. I was always trying daring foods." He went on.
Nya nodded to show that she was listening.

Her bracelet was beeping and going red. She hid behind her serving to hide it.

"I once built these wings from scrap metal and other—uh, you okay? You seem kind of distant." Jay asked taking notice.

"Uh, yeah. It's just the portions are so big. And to think we split our dish!" Nya said.
"Heh. So that Samurai. Oh, man. I hate him, don't you? He's such a showboat, you know?" Jay said picking up a topic.

Nya made an annoyed face.
"If you ask me, he's nothing without his big, clunky exo-suit!" Jay said.
Nya got more annoyed as he went on.
"Oh." She said.

"Yeah. Nothing can compare to two good old-fashioned feet and fists, don't you think?" It was clear, Jay was a try hard.
"Yeah, sure!" Nya hesitantly agreed.
"You know, sssomebody once told me...!" Jay covered his mouth. He looked at his reflection in a spoon.
He had fangs and a long young now!

"You okay?" Nya asked.
"Excusse me. I have to use the resstroom." Jay rushed off.

Jay splashed some water in his face. He looked in the mirror. His skin was becoming greener by the second.
Jay took his glove off.
"Oh, gosh. I'm turning into a snake!" He exclaimed.

Someone knocked on the door.

"I'm busy, dude! Can't you see it's taken?!" Jay shouted.
"I can't go out there looking like this. This is the worst date ever!" Jay exclaimed.

Nya waited for Jay to come back out. Her bracelet was constantly beeping and glowing red. She began to worry.

Meanwhile in the horror house, a group if venomari attacked the passengers and scared them off the ride. Their spit made them see unclearly. The people were screaming in fear.

Outside, Kai, Morro, Zane and Cole were looking around.
"Where is everybody?" Kai asked.
Just then, people started to run out of the horror house.
"Wait a minute, that ride was never scary!" Cole said.
"Venomari." Zane concluded.
"Looks like we found our targets." Morro said.

"Should we get Jay?" Kai suggested.
"Let's not bother the two love birds. I think we can handle this." Cole said walking away.
"Excuse us! Coming through!" The ninja rushed thought the crowd of people.

Jay still hasn't come back yet, and Nya's bracelet indicated that the serpentine were here. Nya sighed.
"Sorry Jay. Duty calls." She said running off. She grabbed her bag and left the building.

"Huh, you don't look so bad. Just go out there and tell her the truth." Jay encouraged himself. Jay heard a rip.
"Ah! I have a tail!!" He yelled.
"No, no, it's okay, Jay. Lots of girls like tails." Jay tried to stay positive.

He excited the restroom and walked back to his table.
"She left? Nya?" The table was empty.
"S-s-s-SNAKE!!!!" A random person shouted and pointed at Jay. Everyone stopped in their tracks. The bystanders grabbed nearby objects and started to close in on Jay. They attacked him. It was pathetic, but they still attacked him.

"No! Stop!" Jay called out as more and more people joined.
"You don't understand!" Jay tries to reason with them.

Nya ran to an unpopulated area. Then she changed into her samurai x armor. She pressed a button on her bracelet and her mech came down to greet her. She hopped in ready to fight.