chapter 29 THE FINALE

The earth was shaking. The clouds were dark. The glow from the green venom set the mood for the day.

"You must do everything in your power to stop the great devourer!" Sensei Wu instructed.
"Go ninja. Go!"

Nya took off in her samurai x suit for the bounty. The ninja all nodded in agreement as the legendary serpent emerged from the ground. It rose tall, it's bright purple eyes gave a menacing vibe. Everyone took steps back, gazing at the newly awakened great devourer.

The great devourer took no time in to choosing who it's first targets were:
Sensei Wu and Pythor.

The devourer dove down towards the two, openening it's mouth wide. Pythor screamed as sensei had accepted his fate. As soon as anyone new it, Pythor and sensei Wu had been swallowed by the great devourer.

"Sensei!" Kai said.
"No!" Jay reached out his hand.

"AAAAAAAARRGHHH!!" Morro shouted as loud as he could.
"NO! FATHER!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!"
Morro took weak steps towards the center of the city.

The other four ninja stood there with a number of emotions. Anger, fear, confusion, sadness. This was the first time they've ever herd Morro call sensei "father", and this moment wasn't very bright or heartwarming.

Morro dropped his head down as he fought to keep his emotions in. The devourer roared once more.

"Ok, maybe if we stand perfectly still..." Jay said. Then he immediately turned a different direction and ran away.
"RUN!" Kai shouted grabbing Morro's hand and pulling him. The ninja all ran away. The bounty had landed just outside of the city.

The ninja raced to get to it, being followed by the great devourer.
Kai, still holding on to a drained Morro, pulled him to shake him out of his state. Jay tripped on a rock while running and fell behind.

He looked back and saw the huge serpent chasing after them.
"Wait! Wait for me!" Jay yelled at the top of his lungs and ran after his team.

Nya was running around the bridge, tapping the controls, while Lloyd stared out the window.
"Fire up the engines!" Nya said. Lloyd didn't hear it and kept looking out the window.

"I said fire up the engines!" Nya shouted. Lloyd hopped off the stool he was standing on and ran to the big computer.
"There's no wind! And we only have reserved fuel!" Lloyd informed.
"Use it!" Nya shouted.

The door to the bridge opened and the ninja tumbled in. Morro strait up fell on the ground and helped himself up using the wall. Jay ran to the monitor.

"Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer that they appear!" Jay said with an annoying tone.

"Working on it! Blasters on full!" Nya said. The bounty lifted up into the air and blasted off just as the great devourer was about to reach them.

"Whoo-hoo!" Kai yelled.
"Take that you stupid snake!"

This bounty didn't have tons of fuel, so they were flying pretty close to the ground. Up ahead, the great serpent broke out of the ground.

"Uh, I think it herd you!" Jay said.
Nya just barely steered the ship away from the Devourer's bite.

"Nya! We gotta to faster!" Kai told his sister as he saw the serpent hot on their tail.
"That thing is gaining on us!"

"Were going as fast as we can!" Nya called out.
"I'll try to make it to scattered canon!"

"The probability of us making it that far is less than 8℅!" Zane informed.
"Never tell me the odds!" Nya shouted.
"It's coming in for another attack!" Cole warned looking at the screen.
"Port side!"