chapter 19

Zane entered the hollowed-out tree and walked down a set of stairs to the bottom if the tree.

"So, this is your home, my mysterious friend." Zane said setting down the falcon. He found the blueprints for the mechanical falcon and fixed him up. The falcon flew around for a bit.
It landed on the blueprints and another sheet poked out from underneath. Zane took it in his hands to get a look.
"No! It can't be!" Zane dropped to the ground.
"NO!!!"

Sensei Wu walked up to and entered a small tea shop.
"I would like to purchase some traveler's tea please." Sensei said to the worker.
"Never heard of it!" The shop worker said. Wu placed a handful of coins on the counter. The worker started to prepare the tea.
"You know, those who drink this never return." She hander Wu the teapot.
"Then I will not bother you again." Sensei Wu left.

"You're sure he came in here." Morro asked.
"Where else would he be? Building a snow-man?" Kai responded.
"That is a good point." Cole said.
"Zane?" Kai called out. The four ninja were walking down the steps into the hollowed-out tree.

"Wow, would you look at this place!" Jay exclaimed.
They came to find Zane on the floor.
"Zane, what's wrong?" Jay asked.
"Are you hurt?" Kai asked.
"Zane?" Morro said.
"Are you okay?" Cole asked Zane.

Zane reached for the blueprints once more. He sighed. Zane stood up and reached for his mid-section. He opened a panel.

"What the--" everyone screamed.
"You're a... A robot?!" Kai exclaimed.
"All this time... I never knew." Zane looked down.
"Uh, guess this explains why you're always acting so weird. Right? Hehe." Jay said awkwardly.
"You know, it... Does explain a few things." Morro said.

"The reason I never had a sense of humor was because my funny switch wasn't on." Zane flipped a switch on his control panel and started to sing and dance around them. Jay laughed while the others kinda just stared.
Zaen flipped the switch off and sighed.

"Uh, it just makes you more special. You're still the same Zane. Just more, uh, gears." Cole put a hand on Zane's shoulder.
"No matter what you're made of, you're still our brother." Kai reassured.
"Really?" Zane asked.
"Being different than being the same as everyone else." Morro said.

"Yeah, and how cool is it that I can honestly say "My brother is a Nindroid?"" Jay said.
"A Nindroid?" Zane asked confused.
"Now come on. Pythor is still out there looking for the first Fangblade, and we need you." Cole said.

"You'll have to go on without me. I just don't feel right." Zane said. The others sighed and left Zane alone.
"We just have to give him time. I don't know how I would feel if I was told I was a robot." Kai said walking out the door.
"You mean a nindroid!" Jay implied.
"Yeah, whatever." Kai said.

"How do we even get out of this place?" Cole looked around. Nothing but birch trees and snow for miles.
Something made a sound.
"What was that?" Morro alerted the others. Cole saw something shift.
"Did you see that?!" Cole said.
"See what?!" Jay said.
"I just saw it too! Tree horns!" Kai said.

Tall creatures started to move towards the ninja. Their legs looked like long birch trees, making them able to hide in plain sight. The robot that Zane previously destroyed was lying on the ground, sparks flying out of the control panel.
"Oh, great. I think that thing was supposed to protect this place." Kai said.

"Looks like, it's up to us guys!" Kai said.
"Ninja-g-ugh ow!" Kai tried to do spinjitzu but got kicked around by the tree horns like a pinball.

"There are too many of them!" Cole shouted. The ninja were quickly overpowered.

Zane picked up the blueprints again.
"A memory switch?" Zane found a switch on his panel and pressed it.